Thread: Ultra 260

Ultra 260

Hello everyone, i am new to this forum and was hoping that i can get some info regarding my 09 ultra 260. This ski is awesome and love it. I was wondering if anyone tows it behind a boat faster then 5 i was thinking around 25 or so. if so what do i have to do to do it. Also i was wondering if there are any good mods that i should look into doing . faster is better but needs to be relilable. i also have the good times warrentee on the ski so i would not want to loose it. Thanks for all your input and help.

intake grate and ride plate is the first thing that i would do and remove your speed limiter

riva ride plate for speed.this ski doesnt have speed limiter only the 300x.

+1
    speed limiter on a 260 thats a new one

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Millennium View Post
    intake grate and ride plate is the first thing that i would do and remove your speed limiter

Quote Originally Posted by ktval View Post
    Hello everyone, i am new to this forum and was hoping that i can get some info regarding my 09 ultra 260. This ski is awesome and love it. I was wondering if anyone tows it behind a boat faster then 5 i was thinking around 25 or so. if so what do i have to do to do it. Also i was wondering if there are any good mods that i should look into doing . faster is better but needs to be relilable. i also have the good times warrentee on the ski so i would not want to loose it. Thanks for all your input and help.
    I have had to tow mine B 4, but did not go faster than 10 knots / mph. Much after that I think there is a risk of back filling the engine with water. I think 25 mph for an extended time would be too fast. But if a circumstance occurred where you had to tow it that fast I would remove the drain plugs so any water coming over the bow and getting into the engine compartment would easily flow out the drain plugs (when you are done towing obviously put the plugs back in quickly).

Unfortunately or fortunately (depending on how you look at it) the 250 / 260 is now antiquated by a large margin because of the new 300. I would do absolutely no egine Mods to your 260; the performance gains vs dollars invested for the most part is not there. Plus you lose reliability and probably your warranty too. But I would "upgrade" your 2009 260 with the 300 Pump Bearing set up and the 2010 Head; these are "piece of mind" upgrades which could prevent catastrophic engine failure scenarios.

As far as all the "bolt on" stuff like plates, grates, etc . . . that's all personal preference stuff.

If you still want more performance, off the 260 for a new 300 . . . a better way to go. JB

thank you everyone for the replies..i am still going to try and figure out if i can tow mine

l

+1
    Tow taps, piss easy. very common in my neck of the woods.

Thread Information