Thread: Riva BOV Elbow

...Lighting The Water On Fire Since '04 duramaxxed's Avatar
    +1

Riva BOV Elbow

At the End of Last Season I Installed an X-Charger & 42's on my Boat.

This Summer, the First Time I went Out on the Boat, I had to have Blown the Stock SC to TB Elbow Off 8 Times. I could barely even Drive 1/2 Mile before it Blew Off. And I was at 1/2 Throttle or Less.

So I Ordered the Riva Elbow with the Integrated BOV.

It was Hell getting it Installed, but now that I have it On the Engine, it's almost like it is too Long. In the Apex of the Bend, the Rubber is getting Squished Down until it's no longer Round, but almost Collapsed Flat, thus making it Flow like Crap, and Less than Stock.

Has anyone else that Installed this had this Problem?

Quote Originally Posted by duramaxxed View Post
    At the End of Last Season I Installed an X-Charger & 42's on my Boat.

This Summer, the First Time I went Out on the Boat, I had to have Blown the Stock SC to TB Elbow Off 8 Times. I could barely even Drive 1/2 Mile before it Blew Off. And I was at 1/2 Throttle or Less.

So I Ordered the Riva Elbow with the Integrated BOV.

It was Hell getting it Installed, but now that I have it On the Engine, it's almost like it is too Long. In the Apex of the Bend, the Rubber is getting Squished Down until it's no longer Round, but almost Collapsed Flat, thus making it Flow like Crap, and Less than Stock.

Has anyone else that Installed this had this Problem?
    Never heard of the part before. My question would be... why aren't you dumping the elbow for an external intercooler yet? Seems that by the time your SC gets strong enough to have to worry about protecting the metal clutch washers with a BOV, it's also about time for the extra cooling and flow an external IC will provide. I don't trust BOVs, and I think they are less critical in a boat than in a ski that sees more air time.

+1
    The only Reason I got it is because the Elbow is the same Diameter the Whole way Through. The OE Elbow Necks Down, and thought it was Causing too much Backpressure with the X Charger, and that's why it kept Blowing Off. If I could Find an Elbow that is the same Diameter the whole way through, I'll get that instead.

I don't wanna put too much Money into the Boat because I'm still not sure if I wanna Keep it or Trade it in on a Power Boat.

Here's the Riva Elbow: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=337

Well, a shame to have to, but it wouldn't hurt to cut the silicone down to size. Also, T-bolts torqued-down right on those hoses, and they're not going anywhere.

+1
    I was Thinking about Cutting it Down a lil to Fit, just Trying to Decide on what End to Cut. Prob. go with the SC End.

Not to mention it was a total Pain In the Ass to get on the Throttle Body, even after letting it Sit In the Sun for a lil bit to Loosen Up so it could Stretch.

+1
    Everything is all Good now.

The Elbow just Fits so Tight on the TB, that when I put it On, it was still too Tight to Spin over for me to put it On the SC Outlet, so the Elbow was Rotationally Kinked. Loosened the Clamps and Spun it by Hand and got everything Straightened Out and it's all Good now.

But DAMN, does it Fit Tight On the TB.

Thread Information