Vic
    +1

Removing your FZR reverse

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0726[1].jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	247375
    I have completly removed everything for the reverse on the FZR but when remove this bracket and unplug these three wires the ski bogs down after 3,000rpm. I guess thats a safety thing for when the ski is in reverse. There are three wires a Orange, a black with orange stripe, and a green with white stripe. I think if I tie the black and orange together it fix this problem. Has anybody else done this yet?

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx585 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0726[1].jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	53.7 KB 
ID:	247375
    I have completly removed everything for the reverse on the FZR but when remove this bracket and unplug these three wires the ski bogs down after 3,000rpm. I guess thats a safety thing for when the ski is in reverse. There are three wires a Orange, a black with orange stripe, and a green with white stripe. I think if I tie the black and orange together it fix this problem. Has anybody else done this yet?
    Probably a built in failsafe. But if its bogging at 3K the ski probably thinks its still in reverse! Id have to see some schematics before Id say what to hook to what to show it as being in a "forward" state. Play with the switch and a digital meter. Put it on continuity. See which wires show an open/close when you move that reverse lever.

Vic
    +1
    Thats a good idea because I would like to solve this problem without causing another one

+1
    Why would you want to remove your reverse?

5. +1 by:

Vic
    +1
    This ski is only for racing. If I dont need it I dont want it.

+1
    The ski won't let you go above a certain RPM (probably 3,000) when it's in reverse. Sounds like it thinks it's still in reverse. Try hooking the connector back up to the switch that is on the reverse bracket (take the switch off the bracket). Then just zip tie it up out of the way above the fuel tank.

I thought about removing it, but since it's totally out of the water (no drag), all you gain by removing it is shaving about 10-15 lbs (if you remove the whole system like you did).

+1
    just glue (5200) a magnet to the sensor and plug it back in . . and your on your way . . . make sure the magnet has some good connectivity to it though!!!

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by jtskier11 View Post
    Probably a built in failsafe. But if its bogging at 3K the ski probably thinks its still in reverse! Id have to see some schematics before Id say what to hook to what to show it as being in a "forward" state. Play with the switch and a digital meter. Put it on continuity. See which wires show an open/close when you move that reverse lever.
    This is correct.
    When you Ohm through the switch, you should get continuity through just two of the wires. Thats your normaly closed contact. Those two wires should be connected together to bypass the switch. Now your ECU should think your always going forward. Without a schematic, this is a best guess.

+1
    I wonder how this could actually work to our advantage. Imagine if we had a push button on the left handle grip to trick the ECU into thinking the boat is on reverse so when you punch it out of the hole it will only rev to 3K RPMS keeping you from cavitating then release the button and now the ECU thinks you are going forward releasing FULL power. Just a thought, Julio...

Just relax and enjoy the ride. XLT Chad's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabra View Post
    I wonder how this could actually work to our advantage. Imagine if we had a push button on the left handle grip to trick the ECU into thinking the boat is on reverse so when you punch it out of the hole it will only rev to 3K RPMS keeping you from cavitating then release the button and now the ECU thinks you are going forward releasing FULL power. Just a thought, Julio...
    Sort of a home made traction control for Reflash or stock ECU's
    Thats interesting Julio.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information