Angry sl750 mikuni carb problem

Finally got everything back together and going on my 93 sl750 and couldnt get my front cylinder to produce power. Originally I had a problem with my middle cylinder but that was fixed by rebuilding all 3 carbs with mikuni rebuild kits. After I pulled the intake cover off and turned the motor over I noticed that there was fuel pouring into the front carb, right behind the small circular piece inside the carb. It was flooding the cylinder hence no power, any ideas why this is happening? I pulled both the high and low needle and they look just like the other two sets which are not pouring fuel into there respective cylinders. Any insight would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Sounds like a stuck needle, and did you install the clear plastic flap? (anti siphon valve)

That was my first thought, that that valve had broken or something but it was fine. When you say a stuck needle how is that fixed? I am fairly confident in repairing carburetors but these sbn's are tricky little things.

+1
    Make sure the needle doesn't have dirt or debris holding it from seating all the way. or if there's any abnormalities to the tip that won't allow it to sit right. And make sure the pop off spring is seated properly too.

Is the needle "arm" flush with the jet block? If it is higher, the diaphragm may be unseating the needle.

everything checks out good but im still getting alot of excess fuel, i have a spare set of carbs off of a parts ski that im cleaning up and im just going to put the new gaskets in them and try it out.

+1
    Did you check your reeds? If one is broken, you will get alot of excessive fuel.

Finally got it running good. Replaced the reeds when I got the engine rebuilt. I replaced all three carbs with a set off of a parts ski with the the new rebuild kits installed. Now Im wondering if I have an overheating problem. All three plugs look good but I was wondering what temp the outside should be at. Mines running about 175-180 after a 10 min heat cycle.

Thread Information