Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Exclamation Yamaha vxr 10hours - problem started + custom build

Hello Everyone !

I'm new in the forum and i'm browsing it since hours already. I found a lot of help there many of you guys are really know what you are talking about and that's why i'm here

I live in Thailand, in koh samui (small island) (no official yamaha service center).
    I bought a VXR 2011 new and enjoying it very much. But since yesterday i went for a ride, i saw the counters and see now have 10.4 hours of use. So i must bring it to the service. Problem is that i can't find this on the island, i must bring to Bangkok with is a 900kms only 1 way then ride back to my place. Need to take boat etc... very long trip.

Since yesterday i can feel the ski is going slower. I have no idea why, and i can hear the acceleration goes maximum and slow down. I can't check the maximum speed actually because there is big waves for now but i'm sure there is a difference in speed much slower. i would say 15% than before.

Is there anything related to the 10Hours service ? Is there a limitation or something ?
    I checked the service book and didn't found much information about the oil changing and oil filter change on the VXR. Is there any special yamaha tool required or something we can't find so easy on a small island ?

Secondly, i found this thread and this one amazing talking about modifications on YAMAHA VXR. So i decided to go ahead and i want to place an order for the following products. But i need a strong advice from you guys to make sure i order the right things.

I'm not sure also about the special tools required to do this. I'm new to jet ski mechanics but old boy in motorbike stuff so i think i can manage things to be done.

The Riva Power Filter
    The Riva intake manifold upgrade
    The Riva rear exhaust kit
    The Riva pro series waterbox
    PWC Performance Ride Plate Inserts
    Jim's Performance VX ride plate modification service is here

i'm also interested about to change the impeller but i'm not able to find the good one for VXR on the site.

here is a screenshot of my order.

here is my VXR.

Hopefully someone can help me ! Thanks everyone !

Best regards,
    Steve.

+1
    Just a thought-Have you by accident put into 'L' mode on the remote control key??
    Nothing/no limitation related to the 10 hour service.
    No special tools needed for the service-10 hour service is a change of oil and filter and checking bolts/fastners for tightness and lubing/greasing moving parts.Some dealers also change the spark plugs, but I think this is a waste of time-you don't change spark plugs after 10 hours running in your 4 stroke car engine do you?-The biigest problem is getting the old oil out, but I see you have ordered a oil extractor, so all good!
    Also, your order looks good-I think you will enjoy the difference.
    Before starting to change impellers, see what your getting with the Yamaha one-it's actually quite a good one!

thx Mongoose for your reply. Yes i checked the 'L' Mode. I totally stopped the ski and pressed the unlock button just to make sure is not this. Well is not that for sure.
    Happy to hear that there is no 'automatic' limitation after the 10 hours service. This means i still have to find out why it slowed down like this.

I will make a video for you guys to explain more clearly due to my catastrophic english writing skills (i'm french)

I will then forget the impellers first, put everything on that list first and i will check after that. Hope that will bring some more power to this VXR.

+1
    Check to make sure you do not have something stuck in the impeller. It is not good for the nanoxell hulls to beach it like yours is in the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    Check to make sure you do not have something stuck in the impeller. It is not good for the nanoxell hulls to beach it like yours is in the picture.
    thx for the advice i will check tomorrow. I always put it on the trailer now better yes

+1
    Just double checked your order list-You need to add the R&D intake grate and pump seal as a prioroty before starting to mod too much. \the stock grate can be dangerous at higher speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    Just double checked your order list-You need to add the R&D intake grate and pump seal as a prioroty before starting to mod too much. \the stock grate can be dangerous at higher speeds.
    thx i just updated my order and added it I also added the Riva ride plate performance too. If you see anything else interesting please tell me

Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    I checked and nothing in the impeller. Anyway i just waiting for some admin to confirm me the shipping cost because it doesn't appears on the site so i can pass my order. thank you !

No idea why it would slow down. I would consider bad gas as it is unlikely to be the machine.

The 10 hr service is simple, and easily done by anyone with access to a pump which can remove the engines oil and a grease gun. Just fill it back up with yamaha oil and use the yamaha filter. It should take less than an hour to do both.

As far as the mods, maybe you should wait till your machine is running well. Although there are small gains to be had with the parts you mentioned, it probably will make little to no difference riding in the rough. You are also more likely to take wAter into the engine, which can be very expensive.

Thx dukenyc for your reply, maybe bad gas yes possible. I will do the 10hours services and see what happen next about the low speed. About the mods, i prefer order it now and take time to put everything, u know i live on a very small island and is better have all shipped there in 1 time just need to make sure nothing is missing

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information