Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

VXR seat and kids

I'm having a hard time locating/negotiating a VXS over a VXR. I primarily want the VXS due to the seat - as I have a 4 year old who sits infront and a 7 year old behind me when we going touring around the lake. My old 2000 gtx 3-seater was great for this - but I'm looking at the VXR seat and the dish may be too much/close for a little one to sit in front?
    If anyone has a VXR (or VXS) and small kids that ride with them in front - can you please post your comments on how the ski/seat fits with them.

Thanks
    Eric

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    There maybe some one on here that may want to swap seats with you.........

Already checking out possibly buying a separate VXS seat - around $250 US I think.

After reading about the problems with the other party not shipping theirs (always a possibility) or being without a seat for X days - don't think I will even go that route....

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Thats cool, most folks on here are straight up....but there are a few shady folks(and they get dealt with accordingly).....always check the Buyer , Seller Feedback area before you do any transactions........

+1
    I cruised around on Sunday with an 11 year old sitting in front and I was still able to seat on front of the bolster and it kind of works out better since you are locked in place vs on my FZS I'm always slipping backwards when someone sits on front, Julio...

You were able to still drive with the 11 yr old in front then? Or were they driving?
    Didn't think there would be enough room with that old of child.
    I really need to sit on one to compare.

I own a VXR and here is my .02.
    The vxr seat sucks.
    The stitching rubs your skin on the inside of your calfs.
    Make a deal to get the R with the S seat. Wish I did.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogi View Post
    I own a VXR and here is my .02.
    The vxr seat sucks.
    The stitching rubs your skin on the inside of your calfs.
    Make a deal to get the R with the S seat. Wish I did.

The VXS seat is more comfortable all the way around if you are an active rider who actually moves on the ski when riding.

It is definitely better when riding two or three up.

Yeah, I agree. I have an 07 VX Deluxe (same seat as the VXS) and it's more comfortable than the VXR after long, wavey rides. We do a lot of distance/river riding and afterwards, my butt feels way more eager to get off the VXR seat than it did the old VX seat. That being said, my 5 year old fits way easily on the front of my VXR seat, no problem when tooling around the lake. I've actually had 3 kids on there with me, him in front and two little ones behind me for a ferry ride around the lake and it worked out just fine. I think the VXR seat looks a little tougher to deal with than it actually is...

+1
    I can understand the debate and oposite opinions. I think if you are an active ocean rider that spends 90% of the time standing up then the VXS seat is the winer, I have gotten rubbed by the stiching on my FX-HO and it isn't pretty. Now if you are a fresh water lake/river and drag race rider like myself then the VXR is definitely the seat to have, much more confortable in long rides and the bolster keeps you glued through corners. Also I think there is the individual looks preference, the VXR seat was what sold the ski for me and I absolutely love the looks of it, Julio...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information