Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

150 Speedster won't crank

'09 150 Speedster won't crank. I replaced the solenoid and that did not fix it. I made up a harness to put power to the solenoid and it will start like that. It appears that the boat gives the solenoid power for a split second then it stops. I cleaned all of the grounds and that didn't help. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Cliff

I am battling the same demon. Going to try eliminating neutral safety and not sure what from there.

+1
    I think I eliminated that on mine. If I don't have it in neutral I don't get the click when pushing the start button, but as soon as I hit neutral I get the click. I hope you find it. If you do please let me know and I will do the same.

Search the 4-tec performance section for "Starter relay". These notoriously go bad on the Sea-doos. You'll get back a whole lot of threads on how to test it, bypass it, replace it, and other reasons the engine won't start. I replaced mine once, but the engine was cranking, just not starting, so it wasn't really the problem.

EDIT: nevermind... I guess it would have helped if I read the first post. Does it make any sound at all? Can you at least hear the fuel pump pressurizing?

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    are you getting to 2 beeps when you insert the key?

Yep two beeps. Starter solenoid was replaced last year with the new style one piece molded plastic. I do have a new one on order should be in today....

Mine will start up without issue if I cross the two red posts on the solenoid.

+1
    Mine is the same. Put the lanyard on, get the two beeps, solenoid clicks but does not stay engaged. As soon as you hit the start button the solenoid gets power but only for a second then it goes away. If you jump the solenoid it will start right up.

Completely wild shot in the dark without checking diagrams to see if this is actually a possible cause... But, I had starting issues with my '09 last year and it ended up needing the voltage regulator replaced.

+1
    I think I may have found the problem. I pulled the 10 amp start fuse out and slid it in and out of the terminals a few times to clean any corrosion and the boat starts right up. Hopefully this was it. Cliff

Mine turned out to be YET ANOTHER solenoid. Gonna buy a spare to keep on hand or perhaps convert it to an automotive one of better quality. Made in China!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information