Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

? to those that did their own waterbox mod

How do you like it and such?

Pics of it in the hull and installed and stuff would be cool if you want to post those too.

+1
    Extremely pleased with the way mine turned out. Wish while doing it I would have thought of moving it further back for supercharger access. Come to think of it, if Seadoo would do this from factory then all this money they spend on clutch warranties would be cut in half! With waterbox moved back, changing clutch is a snipe job.

+1
    I am with Hoss, if I were to do it again I would do the RR mod so I could get the SC out easily.

Also I would make it very small as it is not loud enough yet.

David

Could you guys post pics of how it looks in your hull (custom waterbox not Rotax)? So I could see how it fits in and how much more room there is and such? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    Could you guys post pics of how it looks in your hull (custom waterbox not Rotax)? So I could see how it fits in and how much more room there is and such? Thanks.
    When you do the waterbox mod it doesnt add room just horsepower the olny reason you cut it open is to modify stuff thats inside. when its welded back together it will be the same length give or take a couple an 1/8ths of an inch. The shorty water box mod is a lot smaller then the stock water box allowing for the sc to be taken out easily. Im doing it after this summer durring the winter. If you think about it its cheaper then doing the tru hull and the short box mod. This way you have the tru hull and the shorty box box mod and all its costing you is the price that RR charges to do it plus the thru hull fitting.

Oh, I thought this mod shortened the box also. I thought it would help make removing the SC a little easier. So it doesn't get shortend at all then?

I planned on doing this mod with the thru hull.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXPkid View Post
    I planned on doing this mod with the thru hull.
    the Shorty waterbox that Race Tech makes does not work with a thru-hull pipe... you use the thru-hull exit, but not the riva or rotax pipe... it's a special length and bend that gets mounted onto the box..

as mentioned there's basically two ways... the "waterbox mod" is just cutting it open, drilling holes in the baffle plates and welding it back together... it's the same size as stock and uses all the regular exhaust pipes

second way being a Rotax Racing style waterbox... which is shorter and allows removal of supercharger without touching the exhaust, but it has it's own thru-hull pipe that's part of the box

Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    the Shorty waterbox that Race Tech makes does not work with a thru-hull pipe... you use the thru-hull exit, but not the riva or rotax pipe... it's a special length and bend that gets mounted onto the box..

as mentioned there's basically two ways... the "waterbox mod" is just cutting it open, drilling holes in the baffle plates and welding it back together... it's the same size as stock and uses all the regular exhaust pipes

second way being a Rotax Racing style waterbox... which is shorter and allows removal of supercharger without touching the exhaust, but it has it's own thru-hull pipe that's part of the box
    Yea, I know the RR box doesn't work with the Riva thru hull pipe, so that's why Im going with door #1.

I'm kind of a big deal SeanCucf's Avatar
    no offense or anything, but is moving the exhaust back a couple inches really that difficult for ya'll?? I'm honestly curious..... Or is it more trying to keep wear on the exhaust connectors down??
    Last edited by SeanCucf; 12-17-2006 at 11:33 PM.

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    diffucult?? not at all... convenience? that's another story

stock sized waterbox...
    • remove two water lines feeding j-pipe
    • remove clamp holding j-pipe to manifold
    • remove hose/pipe from waterbox outlet
    • remove supercharger bolts
    • slide supercharger out while working around the exhaust that you pushed towards the back
    shorty waterbox
    • remove supercharger bolts
    • slide supercharger out
    yes... it's MUCH easier... well maybe for some of us that are removing the superchargers seemingly every few days... for the riders that aren't divulged into performance and parts and pull it apart maybe once a year, ok... maybe you don't care if that's the case, haha...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information