Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Going to look at RXT 215, what do i need to look for.

My brother in law just informed me that his cousin has an 06 or 07 RXT 215 that he wants to sell at a deal. My wife and i are looking to buy another ski so that we can have one each.

I'm unsure of hours on the RXT but the owner is going to let me know by the weekend before i go to look at it. It has been ridden very little from my understanding. He does tell me that it used to go 70ish (dreamometer) but now only does 50-52. This scares me because of the possibility of it being the ceramic washers in the supercharger and possible oil pump problems leading to a major engine problem. BUT, he does say that when it starts up, that Sensor is displayed on the instrument cluster. I think i read somewhere on here that i can press the mode button 5 times to get it to tell me more information?

I know for a fact that i'm going to take the supercharger's inlet off to see if the impeller spins by hand or not. If it spins easily i don't think i should even bother with it. Am i correct? However, if the supercharger seems tight, could a sensor really disable it enough to only run 50ish mph?

Thanks very much in advance. These Seadoos are a whole new ballgame for me.

Derrick

Everthing louder than everything else! sHALlow's Avatar
    +1
    could be a lot of things, bad coil pack or opas not working well. rxt's dont have mode button so either you have to read a code or take to dealer. you are right on with the supercharger. look in the pump area and see what the hull looks like as well as pump area and prop. look under the seat for signs of sinkage. ie sand where it shouldnt be.

is it hitting proper revs or on the low end? if its reving out right it might be the impeller/sleeve?

Is there anyway to check for codes with out taking it to the dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by manbearpig11 View Post
    is it hitting proper revs or on the low end? if its reving out right it might be the impeller/sleeve?
    I'm unsure. I haven't test driven it yet and the owner admits that he doesn't know a thing about it. I can look out for that when i test drive it. Thanks

+1
    Report any codes you get on the cluster; somebody'll tell you what they are...

BTW, and just an afterthought, a friend was following me on my T but couldn't keep up. Said it was running sloooow. Turns out he had the "Learner Key" on the DESS post. I'd def. be suspect of the charger having failed, but you never know.

Thanks for the replies guys. So the cluster will actually display some more information other than the "sensor" that's being displayed?

83gator-Yea that sure is a thought. There's no telling with this guy. He's super nice but doesnt know a darn thing about his ski. That could be good or bad.

If the s/c spins freely, should i just not worry about this ski at all and keep looking?

+1
    "If the s/c spins freely, should i just not worry about this ski at all and keep looking?"

Personally, I think so... meaning I'd walk. Sometimes a blown SC means a cleaning and a new SC, sometimes it's worse-much worse. I wouldn't fool w/it if it appears to be the SC. I'm guessing there are more than enough good, used skis for sale in this economy. IMHO

About the cluster, "Sensor" may be all that your going to get, other times it's a "P" code.

I seem to rem. there being an error code sheet somewhere on here; I can try and find it...

+1
    the 07 RXT early ones like mine did not come out with the metal washers... i got mine changed straight away when i bought it thanks to this forum... i have over 200hrs on mine.. its the last of the "strong" hulls for the rxt from what i hear... if the charger is gone... hmmmmm

Hell if the owner knows NOTHING about it, see if he'll let you drag it home for a week so you can pop the S/C off and post some pics on here. It'd be some free wrenching for him and an opportunity for you to decide if you want it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information