Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Pulled my 2005 185 hp S/C (Pics) what type of rebuild you think it is ?

Ok Im new to this Seadoo thing but pulled the S/C no problem following help from this fourm.
    Heres a picture of my S/C it feels great nice and tight i need to do a slip test but thoufght id post theses pics so thos in the know can tell me what the washers and prop look like.
    The Engine was mantained even tho its got 754 Hrs on it.
    The shaft moves from side to side maby .0002 tho when you grab the shaft by the grear and try to move it side to side up and down.
    Spins very nice no noise.
    The Oil i think is because the engine has to much oil in it.
    They kept it full of oil checking engine cold which from what i have read here is not correct
    Any thoughts on my Washers and turbine/ prop ?

+1
    Wow 754 hours? That charger is still running the orignal 04-05 shaft with ceramic washers. Needs a complete rebuild. Thas a crazy amount of hrs too.

Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Wow 754 hours? That charger is still running the orignal 04-05 shaft with ceramic washers. Needs a complete rebuild. Thas a crazy amount of hrs too.
    Are you sure them are ceramic washers???
    There Gray and There hardened steel a file wont scratch them.

Its a 17 tooth gear from a 2005 185 Hp Engine

IF they are the ORIGNAL Washers and orignal Shaft bearing ect then all this "talk" about Rebuild superchargers every 100 hrs is B.S as the computor says the motor has 754 Hrs on it.
    The thing spins nice with no noise when i spin the shaft.

The S/C was Rebuilt more than once id be pretty certin of that with that many hrs on the rotax,

The washers are Gray and hardened steel looks like the Spring washers might have spacers between some or shims.
    The S/C is tight other than the tiny amount of side to side up and down play play maby a tho or two.
    When there rebuilt and they come back from rebuild is there any movement in the shaft at all at the gear end ? or is it rock soilid tight no movement at all ?

I dont want to rebuild it if i dont have to eh!

+1
    You may be correct on the washers as it's hard to tell from here and now that I think of it the 04-05 ceramics were 2 different colors and not both the same but one thing is for sure and that is an 04-05 shaft and if it has been rebuilt it has been a long time ago. They quit selling the 04-05 shafts before the 06 ski's were out. As for play. a thou or 2 isnt unusual on cold bearigs. I would rebuild it for sure. If a bearing lets go you'll kick yourself in the ass.

+1
    Those are 100 percent without a doubt ceramic washers. It's best you rebuild that thing as it's a time bomb right now. I'm shocked it's lasted that long. Thousands of people have not been so lucky.

+1
    Impressive amount of hours.

+1
    04-05 ceramics.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	04-05 shaft.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	247504

+1
    Steelies with a greenhulk build. I know it is not a 17 tooth 185hp. Just trying to illustrate a point.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1311862468.667894.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	247507  

+1
    They definatly look like Ceramics, that amount of hours the ceramics could of been switched to different ones. Did you put all those hours on the machine yourself?

If you look at the last picture he posted closely Jim, they are different colors.

Ok Not to argue with you guys but wouldnt a file cut a ceramic washer ?

If my S/C is Orignal then how is it posible its laster 754 Hrs like the Seadoo dealer says it has that many Hrs on it.

Thanks For the replys. I need a way to tell if there ceramic or steel washers before i rebuild.
    There must be some test.
    I tryed to file them and the back Spring washers do mark with a File the ones on either side of the gear do not mark at all with a hardened file???

The Seadoo was and Ex rental unit at a Holliday inn Serviced every winter i got it for $7300 on a brand new HD Galvanised Trailer only been used in and Lake its entire life.
    The Motor runs Ex.

Note ;; The Washers are NOT Diffrent Colours there both gray the exact same colour.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information