2007 ultra 250 cylinder head valves sticking

Hello, I have noticed that my valves keeps sticking. I lose compression all together on cylinders. I pour lube in the cylinder and sometimes it comes back. I had them all working before and it ran great, let it sit and they get stuck again. I know water was in there at one time. Think a good cleaning will fix the problem? I plan on pulling the cylinder head tomorrow and taking a better look. Any suggestion on cleaning and valve removal?

Thanks,
    Jessie00721

+1
    my bet the valve stems are rusted and eaten away, i would suggest replacing them. seen it all before

thx, might know more today depending on what I get into on it.

+1
    are you a ski workshop? or do you own multiple skis that breakdown?

no, these are my skis, a guy wanted them fixed but had extensive work that needed to be done so he just went and bought new skis, so we did other work for him and got the skis in return. So we have invested time and a good bit of money getting some of these skis going for personal use. I do like to work on skis but am just starting out so I am no expert at a lot of this stuff, thats why I come here, for real life experience that is usually better then what I read in a manual. I do have 4 kids and am trying to turn these skis that were all neglected badly into something for everyone to enjoy. Anyhow, pulled the head off and a few of the valve keepers were off, none had both out only 1/2 of the keeper, pulled those valves out and they are nice and smooth and dont have any play in the valve guide. Put keepers back on and compression is good. I just dont know why the keepers would of came off in the first place.

+1
    ahh that explains the multiple ski's lol great deal. hope none were bent theres been a few cases of the collets coming out give them a good tap after installing to make sure they are secure.

Scary!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    ahh that explains the multiple ski's lol great deal. hope none were bent theres been a few cases of the collets coming out give them a good tap after installing to make sure they are secure.
    did that this time, maybe they will stay in place now, did not check them before.

Thread Information