Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

+1

Consumer Suggestions to Kawasaki

Hi All,

Before I start, I'd like to say as a consumer I tend to keep an open mind regardless of what I own and always buy what I think would work best for me.

I own an Yamaha FX HO Cruiser old engine and love it. I am in the market to upgrade to 1.8l engine. Yesterday I went to a dealer that has almost everything you possibly may want.

I could not stop drooling over the 300X! The hull design, the colors and just the look is the best of all PWCs in my eyes! I also like Yamaha FZR look.

I, like most consumers do not race! However, I do open water riding and I do it almost every weekend, that's the advantage of living in So Cal! I ride 80+ miles every time I go out on the water. Now here's what I was thinking yesterday when I was drooling over the 300X. I was thinking why Kawi does not consider making a lower performance ski with 300 or ultra hull design for consumers that do not need all that power and technology!

Basically making a little less performing, improving its fuel economy and increasing its reliability for consumers that would love to have those things in a stable platform like the 300X hull!

For example Yamaha has FX HO and SHO. Same hull but different performance level! Is it not possible or hard to justify for Kawi to do the same thing?

I would hate and probably can't even afford to spend $100-$120 a week on gas for a trip! I'd think many consumers have to be in my shoes!

I know most of you guys are performance lovers but think about the rest of us mortals!

To me it makes sense but of course I do not have market data as how many PWC Kawi sales or if this is a feasible business plan!

Anyways, just thought throw this out and see if there are others that would agree!

Cheers,
    Captain Reza

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainReza View Post
    Hi All,

Before I start, I'd like to say as a consumer I tend to keep an open mind regardless of what I own and always buy what I think would work best for me.

I own an Yamaha FX HO Cruiser old engine and love it. I am in the market to upgrade to 1.8l engine. Yesterday I went to a dealer that has almost everything you possibly may want.

I could not stop drooling over the 300X! The hull design, the colors and just the look is the best of all PWCs in my eyes! I also like Yamaha FZR look.

I, like most consumers do not race! However, I do open water riding and I do it almost every weekend, that's the advantage of living in So Cal! I ride 80+ miles every time I go out on the water. Now here's what I was thinking yesterday when I was drooling over the 300X. I was thinking why Kawi does not consider making a lower performance ski with 300 or ultra hull design for consumers that do not need all that power and technology!

Basically making a little less performing, improving its fuel economy and increasing its reliability for consumers that would love to have those things in a stable platform like the 300X hull!

For example Yamaha has FX HO and SHO. Same hull but different performance level! Is it not possible or hard to justify for Kawi to do the same thing?

I would hate and probably can't even afford to spend $100-$120 a week on gas for a trip! I'd think many consumers have to be in my shoes!

I know most of you guys are performance lovers but think about the rest of us mortals!

To me it makes sense but of course I do not have market data as how many PWC Kawi sales or if this is a feasible business plan!

Anyways, just thought throw this out and see if there are others that would agree!

Cheers,
    Captain Reza
    its called a ULTRA
    its NOT a new model, but 4 years old now and has had lx models added

same great hull with 160 hp

Search the manufactures website before filling the PERFORMANCE section with general questions

http://www.kawasaki.com.au/index.php...15&product=197

Waz

+1
    less hp and less letters...its called an lx....

They did, it was the ultra 250/260 LX NA 1.5L

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris288 View Post
    They did, it was the ultra 250/260 LX NA 1.5L
    its call a ULTRA

NOT the 250 /260 is the HP Chriss

Waz

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    its call a ULTRA

NOT the 250 /260 is the HP Chriss

Waz
    yep,, my bad, ultra LX... meant to say it was the on the same 250/260 platform, only with a naturally aspirated 1.5...

+1
    Thanks guys! I did not know! Dealer did not have it on their show room floor to grab my attention.

Sorry to take up space in your PERFORMANCE section!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainReza View Post
    I was thinking why Kawi does not consider making a lower performance ski with 300 or ultra hull design for consumers that do not need all that power and technology
    Hey Captain,

As others have already pointed out, Kawi answered your request 4 years ago in 2007. Now go get one!

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Funny....Guy in pic looks familiar....

Yep. Go buy one. Great ski right there yep!

+1
    100% exactly same hull as the 260X/300X? ( design )?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information