Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Can I wear this vest or not?

Got a old Seadoo vest that I bought when I bought my RXP. I bought a Jet Pilot A-10 vest. I know it is not a USCG approved one but got it anyways due to the price that I got it for. I would like to wear it but I am afraid if I get stopped I will get in trouble wearing it and not a USCG one. If I get stopped while wearing it what will they do? I live in LA so the we always Fish and Wildlife around. Please advise!

+1
    I have rode in Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama, Florida (and soon to be Nevada and Arizona) and been pulled over by the water police in all those states and never in the 18 years I have been riding have any of them ever wanted to check my life vest. I would say you are good.

+1
    +1 Mini: In over 35 years of being on the water, I've never had my PFD checked for USCG compliance.

+1
    Sounds good then. I thought I would be ok with it. Good! Cause I am going to start wearing it. Thanks guys. Always can depend on Bill for answers!! With age comes wisdom!!!! LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mini73 View Post
    Sounds good then. I thought I would be ok with it. Good! Cause I am going to start wearing it. Thanks guys. Always can depend on Bill for answers!! With age comes wisdom!!!! LOL
    Hey Troy, if I didn't know any better, I'd say Joey just poked a little fun at our generation... Let's see my, dad started taking me out in the Spillway when I was about 10, so yeah, 36 years now... gee whiz, my Dad is getting old!lol

Banned User
    +1
    You do know why there is a uscg rating right ? I'm willing to bet its not a 100mph rated vest also so when u fly off and the buckles break and or u vest does not float you right I'm surprised why so many cheap out on safety gear.

+1
    Who me? Nah, I was taught growing up to respect my elders! Lol. Almost time to start collecting that social security check isn't Bill? Lol. Just joking!!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mini73 View Post
    Who me? Nah, I was taught growing up to respect my elders! Lol. Almost time to start collecting that social security check isn't Bill? Lol. Just joking!!!
    Not quite yet, but I'm getting there. Sadly, I don't think there will be any money left by then... (not joking).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 83Gator View Post
    Not quite yet, but I'm getting there. Sadly, I don't think there will be any money left by then... (not joking).
    Yeah I know right? The way it keeps going no one will get a SS check in the future and especially me considering I am not as old as you! LOL Looks like I will be having a second career to retire from also and maybe a 3rd if the economy keeps going the way it is going! Its sad that a person can not live of retirements anymore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    You do know why there is a uscg rating right ? I'm willing to bet its not a 100mph rated vest also so when u fly off and the buckles break and or u vest does not float you right I'm surprised why so many cheap out on safety gear.
    +1

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information