+1

Unhappy Turbo shaft snapped in two from running an open exhaust

This is why I dont recommend running an open exhaust on your watercraft for the rec rider. The shaft sheared from thermal stress when it got wet after a water went back into the exhaust. It didn't let go instantly when it got wet, but it was about an hour of usage after it happened.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1 (1).JPG 
Views:	76 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	247541Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	177.2 KB 
ID:	247542Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 3.JPG 
Views:	71 
Size:	133.5 KB 
ID:	247543

Dont let this type of problem ruin your day.

+1
    . Good to know a open exhaust isnt needed to do a stage 2 . Open exhaust isn't for everyone. I would think the rider would have to have a little common sense ....

Mac you can have a straight exhaust as long as it is designed and built correctly, Our 15x has a straight through 3" pipe but it does a loop to allow the pipe to be a good distance above the waterline. It is near impossible to have water backfeed through our pipe.

+1
    MAC just don't want anyone buying a product he didn't have anything to do with. I feel its bs.
    The owner of that broken turbo probably has a MAC boost module on it also... Maby that is what upset the ski and made the ski spin out of control...

+1
    Personal attacks are rarely helpful to Honda owners and enthusiasts. "just don't want" ???
    Quote Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
    MAC just don't want anyone buying a product he didn't have anything to do with. I feel its bs.
    The owner of that broken turbo probably has a MAC boost module on it also... Maby that is what upset the ski and made the ski spin out of control...

Agreed. Everyone has their own opinions, sometimes it's best to keep them to yourself. If you don't like Mac's products that's fine. I just don't see the need to post it on a public forum. I don't see where Mac is talking about any company in particular either.

Personally, i think he is a very nice guy with great customer service and great products.

+1
    Hmmm ok then .... I know why he made this post as does he... If u don't see its real purpose then just continue on...
    Answer this . Why does this thread appear now when I have heard MAC comment on this issue to me months ago after lookin at someoneelses product? Why wasn't this thread posted back when it actualy happened?

I don't know the whole story and it doesn't really make any difference to me. I just don't think it's necessary to post what was posted. If you PM'd that, i see absolutely no problem with it.

My point is this is a public forum. If someone was talking negative about an aftermarket honda performance company's owner/distributor/products(there's not many of them) that you have personally had good dealings with, would you just sit back and let unnecessary bs be posted? I don't think grudges or direct derogatory comments are the answer here when us honda guys only have a couple people making products for our machines. That is all. I'm done with my thread hi-jac.

Thread Information