Safty tow valve help (see photo)

Hope someone can help. I'd like to install a couple of tow valves on my VXS's. The type that allow you to two behind a boat w/o fear of filling your engine with water. I think I see the hose to install the valves on but I'm not sure. Please see the attached photo. Is the hose I need to install the valve on the one covered with corrugated plastic wrap going into the head on the rear of the motor. It looks like the hose comes from the back. Perhaps off the jet pump? If note could some guide me to a good place to install the valve. Any help is greatly appreciated.

PS. Really liking this site. Lots of knowledge here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hose #1.jpg 
Views:	498 
Size:	98.1 KB 
ID:	247559  

+1
    If you want to put in a cut off valve, do it in the back compartment (where the exhaust is). Just splice it in where the cooling hose comes out of the pump, but before it goes into the 3-way or 4-way splitter that routes the water to the rectifier, engine and exhaust

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly_A View Post
    If you want to put in a cut off valve, do it in the back compartment (where the exhaust is). Just splice it in where the cooling hose comes out of the pump, but before it goes into the 3-way or 4-way splitter that routes the water to the rectifier, engine and exhaust
    +1. That's the only way I've ever seen it done before.

I guess I'm just not seeing it. It would need to be in a place that's easy to get to right? If I trace the hose seen in the picture it does go back to the pump area. I gather that the hose I'm looking at is after the splitter you speak of.

OK, I think I see it in this photo. There is a "T" or splitter in a hose coming off the pump on the port side. This is were the fresh water flush is spliced into using this "T". Is this were I'd put the cut off valve??? It is back in the exhaust area. My previous photo looks like it was an exit off the head in that it was the thermostat housing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hose #2.jpg 
Views:	387 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	247580  

+1
    Ok, I'm not very good with the spray can in paint shop, but here goes.

Looking in rear compartment. Locate the red engine flush hose near top. Follow it down til it meets the Y-fitting(3-way). At the Y, the black hose to the left is going to the engine. The black hose on the right is coming from pump.

You will splice in the ball valve on the hose coming from the pump(right) to the Y-fitting. The hose is metric. It's larger than 1/2", closer to 5/8".
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VALVE.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	119.9 KB 
ID:	247582

Few options for ball valves. Here is one....http://cgi.ebay.com/5-8-Barbed-Aquar...item2eb3f35289
    Name:  TL9133_50.jpg
Views: 969
Size:  6.7 KB

Outstanding, thanks for the photo.

Thread Information