97 SPX Solenoid clicks but starter does not run

HI. New to these forums but I have been on here for a few weeks looking for solutions. I love SeaDoos and I have a 97 SPX.
    My problem is, I get a click from my solenoid but then nothing happens to my starter. Yes, I am aware of what the problem might be after reading my manual several times. I started right from a new battery that has full charge @ 13.4 volts. All contact points have been sanded and cleaned and then a mild film of electric grease. Every power wire has been checked for defects and/or grounding. So now I'm at the starter and I'm wondering if I need to pull it out. I have read many threads involving my particular problem. I'm just not seeing any answers yet. So if anyone has an answer, please reply. If I diagnose the problem myself, I will post the answer here.

Crazy. Removed the starter which was easy enough, minus the blind fasteners. After removing said unit, water poured out of it. Nice. Discovered O-rings were damaged and not sealing the unit anymore. No need to buy a new starter, just a cheap rebuild kit.

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    Elephant Butte New Mexico
    don't cheap out here..replace the starter..starters leak for one reason,they were badly overheated at some point and the o-rings took a holiday. How many times do you want to pull that starter?

Thread Information