Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

04 rxp sank! ingested water, changed oil 5 times still milky

ok so i took my daugter down a stream it was cool, 2ft round snapping turtles snakes beavers.. so on. well every once in awhie i would get into some weeds no problem wack the throtle and they would just chop up and come out well i got a good clump that would not come out. the high temp alarm came on so i stoped for a bit and let i cool then went more till it came on again. I knew i needed to get off and swim under to remove the weeds but remember 2FT round snappers! i just wanted to make it back to the braods. so i limped it back to open water and just as i was about to stop and get under it the exhaust hose came off the water box. MAYDAY! it was under in 30 seconds.

After getting towed back to camp (under water) i got it on the trailer and emptied the water out, took the plugs out, used an air hose and blew out evry electrical connector changed the oil and started it up. coughed and skipped a bit but came out of it. let it run change the oil, let it run change the oil, let i.... you get it. 5 times still milky. is this the norm? how many times should it take? or... am i getting more water in from running it on the hose?

i have never sunk a doo but with the quads we usualy try to drain the oil then put new stuff in and let it sit over night before trying to start it try to let things dry out over night then keep going till the oil is clean. i would not suggest running it with any water in the oil.

+1
    when you first sank it did you pull the plugs and turn it over?

+1
    Stop and take the intake manifold off.. it can hold almost a gallon of water..

if if it was under water for a good period of time.. good chance the gas has water in it also.. drain it.

+1
    the only real "RIGHT" way to fix milky oil is to take the motor out, take the PTO off and clean everything including taking the oil pump apart and the front oil pumps and start with new oil... you can do all this with only spending money on the PTO gasket, oil, oil filter and your time

+1
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    the only real "RIGHT" way to fix milky oil is to take the motor out, take the PTO off and clean everything including taking the oil pump apart and the front oil pumps and start with new oil... you can do all this with only spending money on the PTO gasket, oil, oil filter and your time

+1
    I will have to dissagree meeper. that is a way and definatly harder.. but I can tell you keep changing it with cheap oil and then when you get close go run the piss out of it and then change it again. Do as you wish.. either way will not steer you wrong.

Yes plugs out water out. Intake off. I just put that motor in and was trying to avoid taking back out but I figured that was what I should do. THanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sturm215 View Post
    I will have to dissagree meeper. that is a way and definatly harder.. but I can tell you keep changing it with cheap oil and then when you get close go run the piss out of it and then change it again. Do as you wish.. either way will not steer you wrong.
    you will waste a lot more time and money with oil changes than taking out 3 bolts, a few wired connections and a few hose clamps to get the motor out...

no mater how many times you change the oil there is still going to be residue and moister in there unless you take apart the motor and properly clean it... i dunno about you but i know what moister does to insides of motors, no good

+1
    I agree moister is a bitch, if it's rode frequently there won't be any moisture It's all personal preference brother man...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information