+1

oils...i am lost

2004 virage and 2002 genesisI.virage is carb...genesis is DFI.what 2 stroke oil to use? TCW3 or API-TC? ashless or regular? I am lost...currently i put quicksilver semi synthetic API-TC in it Is this what is specd? I heard if you require the TCW3 it is not good for motor..and vice versa.please help.I want to get this right before i mess up my stuff. I bought them last year, then got my next broke at an off road race, so i have been off line for quite a while....now I'm ready to play again.....

The quicksilver will work just fine. I personally like running an API-TC spec oil. I don't care what Polaris says about using TCW3. Neither oil will "mess up" your motor, but the TC oil will provide better wear protection.

Quote Originally Posted by bighad View Post
    2004 virage and 2002 genesisI.virage is carb...genesis is DFI.what 2 stroke oil to use? TCW3 or API-TC? ashless or regular? I am lost...currently i put quicksilver semi synthetic API-TC in it Is this what is specd? I heard if you require the TCW3 it is not good for motor..and vice versa.please help.I want to get this right before i mess up my stuff. I bought them last year, then got my next broke at an off road race, so i have been off line for quite a while....now I'm ready to play again.....
    When I was researching oils, I believe I read Polaris initially endorsed the TCW3 grade oils, but then reversed themselves and the last recommendation was for API-TC certified oils.

Because Quicksilver is readily available at WallyWorld, I researched which of the Quicksilver oils are API-TC rated and only found those to be the Quicksilver-PWC.......petro and/or full synthetic. Quicksilver-PWC also specifically lists Polaris (SeeDoo & Yamaha too I think) on the label.

The Quicksilver "Premium," "Premium Plus" and Synthetic Blend 2-stroke oils seem to be TCW3 rated only.

As "PolarisNut" states, the Quicksilver TCW3 oils will probably bee just fine, personally I choose to use the Quicksilver-PWC petro for its API-TC rating. It runs clean without issue for me.

So just to be clear which ones provides better wear protection? TCW3 or the API-TC. Sorry PolarisNut I couldn't tell which one when you only said "TC". I assume your talking about the TCW3 rated? Looking to go with something I can find locally also. I wanted to run the Citgo sea and snow in my Genesis I but they dont carry it around here. The ski has been running on the Polaris oil its whole life but I want the best wear protection I can get, even if I have to pay more for full synthetic but still want to be able to buy it local.

Quote Originally Posted by jackofalltrades View Post
    So just to be clear which ones provides better wear protection? TCW3 or the API-TC. Sorry PolarisNut I couldn't tell which one when you only said "TC". I assume your talking about the TCW3 rated? Looking to go with something I can find locally also. I wanted to run the Citgo sea and snow in my Genesis I but they dont carry it around here. The ski has been running on the Polaris oil its whole life but I want the best wear protection I can get, even if I have to pay more for full synthetic but still want to be able to buy it local.
    Not PolarisNut, but I'm fairly certain he means API-TC rated oils.......when he say's "I personally like running an API-TC spec oil." Here's a sticky PolarisNut started in the "Polaris Tech Tips & Info" section with some great infor regarding oils.

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...O-2-stroke-oil

Thread Information