Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Large Videos and a 80mph Ultra?

If you have problems uploading videos here because of size then just shoot me an email. I'll hook you up with hosting.

I started a page for hosting these large videos. This is pretty raw right now, no graphics or pretty layout. Granted, i put it together in 2 minutes. I'll work on it eventually.

Last night Daren W aka:enufpwr sent me a new video of his(?) 2000 Ultra 150 clocked by Garmin GPS at 80.7 and 80.8 mph. Click here.

Thanks SOOOOOO MUCH MIKE!!!!!!

I appreciate you hosting that video.

http://purelinux.org/video

Videos are BIG....
    low res= 37meg
    hig res= 80meg
    7 minutes

I took a total of 15 minutes, but that was too much.

Well, I finally got the chance to get out and take a video of the 2000 ultra having some fun. I pretty much did the same thing I did with Franks RXP videos which was hold the camera in my right hand and work the throttle. I think I might end up purchasing a video mount to make cooler video's but for now this will have to do.

Sorry for the sideway action footage. The only way I had to hold the camera was to have it strapped to my hand I didn't have time to buy a mount that would fit my camera and heck....the money I do have is spent on the ski and gas..lol

I'll get a mounting system pretty soon. I liked the one Pistonwash used to make his videos. I think I'll go that route.

It was Saturday morning and the weather was chilly after the rain stopped. 75 temps and 91% humidity. I figured the lake would be flat and I would be able to make a video holding the camera and trying to hold on to the ski. So what I ended up doing is taking 15 minutes of video of the 2000 Stage 2 ultra and made two passes on the lake. First pass was 80.7 and second pass was 80.8 to back it up. It probably could have went faster, but I couldn't superman and basically was just leaning back as far as I could.

Best run to this date was 81.1mph

More info on my setup can be found on this thread below or pictures in the video section on the ultra150 site. I didn't want to retype all that here. Basically shows what we have done to the ski and what it took for us to get there. Hope this helps others

http://p098.ezboard.com/fultra150frm...cID=4149.topic

+1
    are all of your 80mph+ videos shot at a 90 angle? It's kinda hard to imagine what it's like when it's sideways.....

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR
    are all of your 80mph+ videos shot at a 90 angle? It's kinda hard to imagine what it's like when it's sideways.....

Sorry

Ya unfortunately that's the only way I have to hold the camera. I had it strapped to my wrist and working the throttle. I plan on getting a mounting system soon. I had a few people ask me for a video and wanted to see it and that's the best I could do at this time.

I was going to edit the video so it looked straight when I hit the throttle, but then I would get people complaining I edited it and call BS.

I can tell you one thing, it's allot harder to video tape and go 80mph on an ultra then it is on a RXP. I was so scared I was going to fall.

Daren- That sounded sweet! Very impressive! I can't get over the sound of that Ultra Darrin

Daren, just watched that awsome video They'll believe you now. Excellent job taping. Sorry I could't make it, but today we had a blast. Me and Daren went out for the purpose of WAVE JUMPING and that we did. We took a video camera but battery failed. My camera does the same thing. But anyways I already knew you were doing 80+, For all you skepets out there what do you think? Fine job Daren.

+1
    Frank, whats the story on your ski?

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Frank, whats the story on your ski?
    Still waiting for parts and a crank from what Frank told me.

Ya, Frank and I went out today Jerry but on his Yamaha.. Wish the camera worked. The battery died and we were hitting some major waves. 10 foot waves and frank can tell you that I was up at least 15feet above the waves jumping.
    Major hang time and super high jumping. Hopefully if the weather is nice on Wed and waves again, well take some jumping videos.

IT WAS THE MOST FUN I HAD ALL YEAR!! Forget the speed.. if you can't jump and have fun, what's the point?

+1
    Damn! that sux waiting on parts. Franks crank was bad?

Yea man, jumping waves is the shit. I jumped waves in the inlet at Destin, FL with Pistonwash last year. It was a blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk
    Damn! that sux waiting on parts. Franks crank was bad?

Yea man, jumping waves is the shit. I jumped waves in the inlet at Destin, FL with Pistonwash last year. It was a blast.
    Jerry, you better call Frank. LOTS OF PROBLEMS with Mike's and Franks motors. I thought these things were suppose to last 300 hours? From the looks of things, Mark told them a different story.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information