Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

troubles with my 97 pro

i have a start no start thing going on, seems like only when i get my girl on it. i can flip this thing over all day and night with me on it flip it right side up fine i get my girl on it and every time she does something outta control with me on the back it takes like 45 seconds of cranking time i have put almost 20 hours on it nothing major just running premix and primer setup to all three cyl i was reading alot of bowsnipers posts i plan on putting the suction line for primer on the return side,

i also wanted to know whats the fastest some one has killed a tank of gas i seem to burn threw a tank in under a hour not holding her wide open.

i also dont know how to adjust by wash (what is wash) i have the carbs set just a little open and just past the point of it running good no bogging or lack of throttle response.

also i have the flaps set almost open like 1/8" to get a idle some times it idles at 1300 ish but yesterday it was at like 2600. i just messed with the idle cause i got stopped in a no wake zone giving it gas to get a idle it seems like under idle conditions its loading up on fuel b/c anytime you used to let it idle before the adjustments it would be very sluggish for 2 or three seconds unless u stomped on it let up then stomped on it again,

the ski is new to me has about 130 hours on it the power valves open i have seen one other pro his was a 98 his valves seamed to move faster and randomily mine just move open then back closed usually open at like 4500 ish i believe not sure hard to tell any imputs would be great compression is good all real close to 100

compression on those should be higher than 130 on all three, more like 140. Did you check the compression with the plugs removed and the throttle WOT? If not check it and report back.

It sounds like your getting water in the cylinders when you flip it, they have to be rolled back over clockwise. Check sticker on the back of your machine under bumper. Sometimes water from exhaust enters and you have a water fuel mix. Try keeping it upright .

Well will recheck comp test tonight. It even does no start with 2 off the get go I went rode like 5 mins putting around gf got on in front of me just cranks and cranks then starts and its only been rolled over clockwise like the sticker says

Ohh found out it has a 15 size battery will that kill the stator

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wayneb2510 View Post
    Ohh found out it has a 15 size battery will that kill the stator
    no

Ok sweet my friend put a 16 and it never charged after that

Quote Originally Posted by 92PolarisMike View Post
    compression on those should be higher than 130 on all three, more like 140. Did you check the compression with the plugs removed and the throttle WOT? If not check it and report back.

oh snap lol i have cen 150 mag and pto are 90 thats not good lol

might be a hard start condition only from what i know from cars and street bikes never touched a 3cyl 2 stroke lol can i pull the head off and not buy a new gasket???????? when i got this ski guy said plugs have not been changed in 2 years he ran 50.1 oil plugs looked awesomly gray golden not soaked i havent got that color back always wet and dark

friend ski is a 98 785 pro mine is 2x as loud as his im about to pull the water box and see if its been gutted out

All news got worse at 8 this morning just got to land LOL now 11 well was crusing like 45 for2 mins or so reached and felt water was warm out of squiters then she just quit I pulled seat all was normal no start pulled plugs and half of one was gone no compress on any now maybe 70 30 70 on pto

+1
    Time for a topend and a GOOD carb rebuild
    Where you Located ???

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information