riva air intake question

so im installing my riva 3" air intake im have having the hardest time removing the plastic box and rectifier from the gas tank. Is the thing just held on by the rubber straps? also i was told i can leave the plastic box in their and just install the intake the problem is the filter does not fit on the top with the plastic stock intake their. My question is, is it a bad idea to leave the stock intake there and also leave the riva intake without a filter on it. see picture below. i dont think its very safe like this but i need opinions on either leave it like it is or getting the stock intake off. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	247642>>>as you can see in the picture the riva intake is just sitting next to the stock itake tupe (this is the front of the jetski by the gas tank) is it bad to leave it like this?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rearviewneons View Post
    so im installing my riva 3" air intake im have having the hardest time removing the plastic box and rectifier from the gas tank. Is the thing just held on by the rubber straps? also i was told i can leave the plastic box in their and just install the intake the problem is the filter does not fit on the top with the plastic stock intake their. My question is, is it a bad idea to leave the stock intake there and also leave the riva intake without a filter on it. see picture below. i dont think its very safe like this but i need opinions on either leave it like it is or getting the stock intake off. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	78.3 KB 
ID:	247642>>>as you can see in the picture the riva intake is just sitting next to the stock itake tupe (this is the front of the jetski by the gas tank) is it bad to leave it like this?

Some people don't run filters, some do. I just run a piece of window screen (but I have the riva rear air) on mine. I like to think it keeps the big debris out.

As for the OEM intake, it'll come out after you undo the gas tank straps. Hope this helps!!

Pauly C.

Thanks folr the help I finnaly got it out....what a pain but its done. I'm all set now thanks!

I hope you've replaced the oem "air box" under the bungies with something else...gotta have some tension on those things.

yeah i noticed it was pretty lose after i removed it, but i got it all tightened up now with some homeade craftsmenship lol. its not gunna move. thanks for input though it would really make a mess if you didnt

So, you removed the stock air box and had to loosen the gas tank straps to get it out? What was loose after you removed it? The gas tank? Looking at installing a Fizzle 4" myself. I want to pull out all the stock parts and run the filter up into the front of the machine...any recommendations on what to attach it to and how ?

yeah thats what i was talking about the stock airbox was a pain to get out just because its strapped onto the gas tank with bungies. its not hard if you have small hands but it just takes some time is all and then it will slide out, it also has zip ties on alot of the wires so make sure ur not just yanking it out without pulling the zipties off. the gas tank is not really loose but since the bungies that go around the gas tank and the stock airbox are no longer going around the stock airbox it has a little more give to it so just find a way to make the bugies a little tighter so the gas tank does not move around as much. its not a bad problem but just something to do. im also looking to switch to the fizzle next summer though because i already had the riva 3" in my possesion.

i thought the riva was a 4 inch power filter

mine mounts up front and i think it is 3" almost posotive i can check again though

Thread Information