Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    RXTScott

Just picked up a 2011 RXTx

Seems like an awesome ski! Just picked it up. Cant use it until tomorrow though... Bummer...

+1
    Nice we are hitting Zoar Sunday if your interested.

+1
    Congrats - you will love it!

Some friendly advice: read your Owners Manual several times, then after the first ride, read it again!

Put a wrench on every bolt, nut, hose clamp you can get to - DO IT NOW - lots of us have had hose clamps pop off, especially the SC to IC, IC to TB.

Read how to raise the iBR gate in the manual, raise the brake/gate to access the ass end and check all of the bolts - do NOT overtighten the ones going into the hull left and right, but DO check the bolts that hold the pump on to the ride plate!

Break in aggressively, rpms will be limited for first 3-5 hours, then it will open up some, then around 7-10 hours it will fully open up to around 8000 rpm. The ECU limits rpm, boost, and speed - it is all normal.

You'll see 69-70 on speedo very soon, then get RIVA SCOM GPS bypass you'll be 74-75 with minor up grades.

Have fun!

RXTScott
    Thanks for the advise. I bought it with 10 hours on it so the break in is done. Already had the 10 hour tune up. Checked everything and went out this morning... OMG... Awesome time! Not used to the VTS though. Whats the deal with it. Just left it at 0.

Beerdart - Thanks for the invite but im going to pass this week. 18th Anniversary is tomorrow. Divorce time if I blow it off to have some water fun... Next time though. Ill bring the cooler...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rxtscott View Post
    Thanks for the advise. I bought it with 10 hours on it so the break in is done. Already had the 10 hour tune up. Checked everything and went out this morning... OMG... Awesome time! Not used to the VTS though. Whats the deal with it. Just left it at 0.

Beerdart - Thanks for the invite but im going to pass this week. 18th Anniversary is tomorrow. Divorce time if I blow it off to have some water fun... Next time though. Ill bring the cooler...
    For aggressive hole shot set VTS to 3-4, 1 to 2 tick below half, once on plane run vts all the way UP. WIth only 1-2 bars of fuel, you will be very light weight, ski will start to come un hooked, run the trim down to 6-7, 1 tick or so above half to keep nose down and stay hooked up.

Max speed will be with 1-3 bars of fuel, VTS set 7-8, 1 or 2 ticks below full up.......but hooked up! WHen you feel ski coming un hooked simply run the VTS down a tick or so.

RXTScott
    Cool! Again - thanks for the info....

+1
    neighbor got the same ski, looks amazing.
    good purchase
    (although he doesnt take care of his and it has some scratches on it )
    have fun ridin your new doo.

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Read how to raise the iBR gate in the manual [EDIT: It's on Page 120], raise the brake/gate to access the ass end and check all of the bolts - do NOT overtighten the ones going into the hull left and right, but DO check the bolts that hold the pump on to the ride plate!

I'm going to double-ditto this one. I got a 2011 RXT-X in May and one in June. The May one had three of the four bolts attaching the pump to the ride plate gone when I checked them at about thirty hours! The June one had different bolts (hex head, as opposed to Allen heads on the older ones) and was fine. I'm assuming Sea Doo recognized a problem there and fixed it during that month's production.

+1
    I have a 2011 RXTis bought in March, and one bought in June, same thing, Allen's on the march unit, hex on the June.
    How did you get to the bolts to check them?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    For aggressive hole shot set VTS to 3-4, 1 to 2 tick below half, once on plane run vts all the way UP. WIth only 1-2 bars of fuel, you will be very light weight, ski will start to come un hooked, run the trim down to 6-7, 1 tick or so above half to keep nose down and stay hooked up.

Max speed will be with 1-3 bars of fuel, VTS set 7-8, 1 or 2 ticks below full up.......but hooked up! WHen you feel ski coming un hooked simply run the VTS down a tick or so.
    Nothing like a little experience with your boat to help others understand how stuff works!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information