Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

help motor wont rev

I have a 2010 fzs with riva intake manifold, riva filter, vx ride plate, thru hull exhaust,hks bov, skat 13 22, riva intake grate and riva engine breather and I was riding the other day for about and hour and shut the ski off and turned it back on and it would not rev over 3,000 rpms for about 5 mins of heading back to the dock all of a sudden it just took back off again and ran fine for the rest of the day we but a thru hull exhaust on it today and started it up on the trailor and it started doing the same thing and won't run over 3k rpms we hooked it up to ydis and there r no codes and the sc clutch is fine only turns one way does anybody have any ideas its been at the dealer all day that my friend owns and we can't figure anything out please help. And I am always a newborn to the site been meaning to register a while back but just got around to it today. Thanks for all the help that I can recieve

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by yol937 View Post
    I have a 2010 fzs with riva intake manifold, riva filter, vx ride plate, thru hull exhaust,hks bov, skat 13 22, riva intake grate and riva engine breather and I was riding the other day for about and hour and shut the ski off and turned it back on and it would not rev over 3,000 rpms for about 5 mins of heading back to the dock all of a sudden it just took back off again and ran fine for the rest of the day we but a thru hull exhaust on it today and started it up on the trailor and it started doing the same thing and won't run over 3k rpms we hooked it up to ydis and there r no codes and the sc clutch is fine only turns one way does anybody have any ideas its been at the dealer all day that my friend owns and we can't figure anything out please help. And I am always a newborn to the site been meaning to register a while back but just got around to it today. Thanks for all the help that I can recieve
    Check your dash and make sure you didnt inadvertently put in in "L" or learner mode.

+1
    We checked that and changed the control module out for the remote with a brand new one off a brand new boat and it still done the same thing and we unlocked and locked and it is not in l mode forsute that was the first thing that came to mind

Taking money away from the Z06 Fund
    +1
    We checked that and changed the control module out for the remote with a brand new one off a brand new boat and it still done the same thing and we unlocked and locked and it is not in l mode forsute that was the first thing that came to mind
    Did you check your reverse and make sure it's pushed all the way in and the sensor shows it all the way in? If it won't go over 3K rpms, its possible its reading that it's still slightly in reverse?

+1
    No I didn't of that I will check it tomm when I go back to the dealer hopefully I can get it going what do u guys think of the skat 13 22 for a stage one I havnt been able to try it yet do u think that is a good prop for my setup

+1
    No I didn't of that I will check it tomm when I go back to the dealer hopefully I can get it going what do u guys think of the skat 13 22 for a stage one I havnt been able to try it yet do u think that is a good prop for my setup

Skat 13/22 is a very good prop for stage 1. I used to run a 13/23 on my stage 1 ski @ 7400. I pitched mine to 13/20 and it's perfect now at 7640. IMO your prop will need some pitching to get your rpms up.

+1
    Double post

+1
    It was the reverse lever was all the way down but it just wasn't completly disengaging but we solves the problem on the way to the water now to try the skat 13 22 hope it picks my speed up some

+1
    Skatt 13 22 didn't turn out to great went down 200 rpms and speed dropped exactly 1 mph what do I need to do drop the trailing edge two degrees or what? Zero cavitation and also the vx plate is bouncing a lil at wot I'm running no shims what would be a good combo of shims with out losing speed and hoping gaining thanks for the help

+1
    Skatt 13 22 didn't turn out to great went down 200 rpms and speed dropped exactly 1 mph what do I need to do drop the trailing edge two degrees or what? Zero cavitation and also the vx plate is bouncing a lil at wot I'm running no shims what would be a good combo of shims with out losing speed and hoping gaining thanks for the help
    Try 1 fender washer on each back bolt to prevent the bounce. What are your rpms at with the skat? If you are down rpms then you need to decrease the trailing edge to gain back your speed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information