pump shoe fitment

I pulled off the pump shoe and transom and filled in all the spaces. What I didn't do is see how the fitment was between the two pieces. At the same time I did the DIY version of the pump tunnel reinforcement. Today I did a mock line up before laying down the 5200 and am not sure if this is right. The ski is a 03 gp1300r and I'm pretty sure I reamed out the reinforcement to be just as far back as the original hole. Check out the pictures and give me your opinion. Oh and when I mounted the transom, I used a jack to push it up as far as it would go, and then push back and up on the pump shoe as much as I could.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

+1
    Looks good!

Think long and hard about using the 5200. It seals great, but that stuff is hard to deal with if you ever want to remove these components.

thats how the shoe should sit belive it or not... i fitted all my jet unit together and saw this gap that you have noticed on yours, i used spacers to drop the shoe down to make the join inside the shoe smooth to the transom and i thought it looked spot on, turns out thats a big no no, the problem with over stuffing is bad enough as it is, so by dropping the shoe and making the volume inside the shoe bigger is even worse, your setup is spot on as it is in the photo, i made the mistake of using 5200 when i put the spacers in, then had to get it all off again to take the spacers out

Oh man, now you guys got me worried. lol I can't picture having to take them back off in the future for anything but i guess you never know. Would it be at least wise to use the 5200 on the bracket inserts in the hull?

+1
    It's actually not that hard to remove. I recently removed a bracket that was 5200 installed, with some time and leverage it popped off. Heat helps too. Definitely need patience.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by venomous View Post
    ........ Would it be at least wise to use the 5200 on the bracket inserts in the hull?

Yes

Wal Mart sells and "Attwood" brand sealer/adhesive for about 8 bucks (Attwood adhesive/selant 7200). It seems to be somehwere in between the 3M 5200 and 4200 as far as adhesive properties. It works well.

Your pictures show how the shoe mates to the wear ring. This part as well as where the shoe mates with the transom plate are the points where you must make sure they are completely sealed. This is the point where air is sucked into the intake, causing the cavitation. Completely fill the voids and wipe away the excess sealant.

Thread Information