Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    fussy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    550
    +1
    8

    Loud squeal then no drive RXTX 260

    Hi guys out today with no strange sounds all going well then went to move away out of the hole and had a loud squeal and then no drive. All pump bolts tight. It is booked into the dealer to have a new dash fitted on Monday so going to leave unto they have a look. What do you guys think it will be??
    Only done 15 hours 2010 RXTX


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,599
    +1
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    Hi guys out today with no strange sounds all going well then went to move away out of the hole and had a loud squeal and then no drive. All pump bolts tight. It is booked into the dealer to have a new dash fitted on Monday so going to leave unto they have a look. What do you guys think it will be??
    Only done 15 hours 2010 RXTX
    I know exactly what it is and it sucks. You striped the drive shaft/prop splines. The loud squeal is the shaft spinning and the prop isn't.Make sure the dealer installs an alignment fixture and checks the alignment. If they just install a new shaft and prop it will probably happen again....Ask me how I know....

    Good Luck....

  3. #3
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    I know exactly what it is and it sucks. You striped the drive shaft/prop splines. The loud squeal is the shaft spinning and the prop isn't.Make sure the dealer installs an alignment fixture and checks the alignment. If they just install a new shaft and prop it will probably happen again....Ask me how I know....

    Good Luck....
    Well said. It must have been way out of whack to begin with. ALIGNMENT IS A MUST!

  4. #4
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    I know exactly what it is and it sucks. You striped the drive shaft/prop splines. The loud squeal is the shaft spinning and the prop isn't.Make sure the dealer installs an alignment fixture and checks the alignment. If they just install a new shaft and prop it will probably happen again....Ask me how I know....

    Good Luck....
    Well said. It must have been way out of whack to begin with. ALIGNMENT IS A MUST!

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,599
    +1
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Well said. It must have been way out of whack to begin with. ALIGNMENT IS A MUST!
    Broke two of the damn things before I had the alignment done.. So far so good...

  6. #6
    fussy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    550
    +1
    8
    Thanks I thought I had read that about alignment, so all seems good after thats done??

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,599
    +1
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    Thanks I thought I had read that about alignment, so all seems good after thats done??
    Yes. Should be fine after alignment is performed. Hope you have a good dealer. Some will try and blame you by saying you must have gotton something stuck in your prop which caused the damage... It's BS.... This was covered under my warrenty both times as my wear ring and prop had no damage... Good Luck....

  8. #8
    fussy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    550
    +1
    8
    Hi The dealership is good so I think they will look into it for me, Brad is a member on here as well and done a lot of racing.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    1,599
    +1
    123
    Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    Hi The dealership is good so I think they will look into it for me, Brad is a member on here as well and done a lot of racing.
    Glad to hear it... I also have a good dealer near me... I hear of a lot of people getting a hard time from their local dealer.. Good luck..

  10. #10
    fussy1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    550
    +1
    8
    Yeah thanks will let you know when I hear more. Do you think they all should have the alignment checked or is it just the odd unlucky one like u and I and some others got?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. gp1200r no drive and loud noise in drive shaft
    By ryancoggo in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-02-2015, 04:02 PM
  2. Loud Squeal and then Smoke
    By TheEngineer in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 08-16-2012, 10:55 AM
  3. WTB rxtx 260 drive sharft
    By 270rxp in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-03-2011, 04:57 PM
  4. Load squeal smoke then no run
    By alex_baker202 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-12-2011, 07:26 PM
  5. FS 2010 rxtx 260 and IS models ecu rs no gps limiter
    By rxpstan in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-05-2010, 08:19 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •