Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Loud squeal then no drive RXTX 260

Hi guys out today with no strange sounds all going well then went to move away out of the hole and had a loud squeal and then no drive. All pump bolts tight. It is booked into the dealer to have a new dash fitted on Monday so going to leave unto they have a look. What do you guys think it will be??
    Only done 15 hours 2010 RXTX

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fussy1 View Post
    Hi guys out today with no strange sounds all going well then went to move away out of the hole and had a loud squeal and then no drive. All pump bolts tight. It is booked into the dealer to have a new dash fitted on Monday so going to leave unto they have a look. What do you guys think it will be??
    Only done 15 hours 2010 RXTX
    I know exactly what it is and it sucks. You striped the drive shaft/prop splines. The loud squeal is the shaft spinning and the prop isn't.Make sure the dealer installs an alignment fixture and checks the alignment. If they just install a new shaft and prop it will probably happen again....Ask me how I know....

Good Luck....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post
    I know exactly what it is and it sucks. You striped the drive shaft/prop splines. The loud squeal is the shaft spinning and the prop isn't.Make sure the dealer installs an alignment fixture and checks the alignment. If they just install a new shaft and prop it will probably happen again....Ask me how I know....

Good Luck....
    Well said. It must have been way out of whack to begin with. ALIGNMENT IS A MUST!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Glade Rider View Post

Good Luck....
    Well said. It must have been way out of whack to begin with. ALIGNMENT IS A MUST!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Broke two of the damn things before I had the alignment done.. So far so good...

+1
    Thanks I thought I had read that about alignment, so all seems good after thats done??

+1
    Thanks I thought I had read that about alignment, so all seems good after thats done??
    Yes. Should be fine after alignment is performed. Hope you have a good dealer. Some will try and blame you by saying you must have gotton something stuck in your prop which caused the damage... It's BS.... This was covered under my warrenty both times as my wear ring and prop had no damage... Good Luck....

+1
    Hi The dealership is good so I think they will look into it for me, Brad is a member on here as well and done a lot of racing.

+1
    Hi The dealership is good so I think they will look into it for me, Brad is a member on here as well and done a lot of racing.
    Glad to hear it... I also have a good dealer near me... I hear of a lot of people getting a hard time from their local dealer.. Good luck..

+1
    Yeah thanks will let you know when I hear more. Do you think they all should have the alignment checked or is it just the odd unlucky one like u and I and some others got?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information