+1

Can somebody walk me thru? RRFPR

I need some help setting the RRFPR. Can somebody Post instructions on how to set it up? I have an innovate lc1 on the way. I need all the details, please.

Thanks Andy

+1
    dont know the year of your ski but riva instructions may help ya..
    07-older
    http://www.rivaracing.com/instructio...0_rrfpr_07.pdf
    08-up
    http://www.rivaracing.com/instructio...0_rrfpr_08.pdf

+1
    It really isn't difficult, just takes some time. Set up a note pad with a grid for temp, humidity, fuel pressure, AFR reading at what RPM. Record your numbers at idle, 5000rpm and WOT. There is some different trains of thought on where they should be but ballpark; Idle @ 13.5-14, mid @ 13, WOT @ 12. There are AFR charts on another thread that you can use. Take a wrench for the jam nut and an allen screw for the adjustment screw and ride. Stop, record every thing, pull the seat and adjust with more or less fuel. Keep repeating this untill you get numbers you like. Speed is not really a factor here, just get the AFR dialed in for the best engine efficiency and the speeds will be taken care of by your other modifications. Remember that heat and humidity will hamper rpm and make it richer. Unless you like bobbing around on the water with your seat off wrenching in a hot engine compartment I'd shoot for a ballpark figure or every weather change you will be resetting. I mounted the fuel pressure gage where I could see it while riding which helped some. I figure that if all of the guys on here that live, breath and bleed jetskis can't come up with the same magic number you can just take an average for all around riding. Then run the piss out of it! Oh yeah, with the fuel pressure gage mounted in a visible spot you can see if you have a fuel pump issue, which will lean it out, send your AFR's thru the roof and melt your pistons.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by szt8b7 View Post
    It really isn't difficult, just takes some time. Set up a note pad with a grid for temp, humidity, fuel pressure, AFR reading at what RPM. Record your numbers at idle, 5000rpm and WOT. There is some different trains of thought on where they should be but ballpark; Idle @ 13.5-14, mid @ 13, WOT @ 12. There are AFR charts on another thread that you can use. Take a wrench for the jam nut and an allen screw for the adjustment screw and ride. Stop, record every thing, pull the seat and adjust with more or less fuel. Keep repeating this untill you get numbers you like. Speed is not really a factor here, just get the AFR dialed in for the best engine efficiency and the speeds will be taken care of by your other modifications. Remember that heat and humidity will hamper rpm and make it richer. Unless you like bobbing around on the water with your seat off wrenching in a hot engine compartment I'd shoot for a ballpark figure or every weather change you will be resetting. I mounted the fuel pressure gage where I could see it while riding which helped some. I figure that if all of the guys on here that live, breath and bleed jetskis can't come up with the same magic number you can just take an average for all around riding. Then run the piss out of it! Oh yeah, with the fuel pressure gage mounted in a visible spot you can see if you have a fuel pump issue, which will lean it out, send your AFR's thru the roof and melt your pistons.
    That helped a lot. How about the fuel pressure do I have to work on that?

+1
    Yup! Fuel pressure is the key factor!!! I could not get my AFR's dialed in with the reference line hooked up. I was @ 14.5 - 15 at idle to try and get lean enough at WOT. JP or Troy (sorry guys, don't remember who) recomemded that I unhook the reference line and just use it as a static fuel pressure regulator. That is the set up that has worked the best for me, so keep that in mind as an option. The RIVA RRFPR comes set at 60psi, so you may as well start there. It is really trial and error, give it a shot and post as much info as you can off your little chart, folks will chime in to help. Trust me, it will take a few rides and a few tanks of fuel to get it where you want it. If nothing else, it is an excuse to ride!

+1
    By the way, I am no expert nor veteran of this type stuff. I read a lot and ride as much as I can. If one of the guys chimes in with more experience, take it; 'cause i will!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by szt8b7 View Post
    By the way, I am no expert nor veteran of this type stuff. I read a lot and ride as much as I can. If one of the guys chimes in with more experience, take it; 'cause i will!
    Thanks a lot. You been very helpfull.

Thread Information