Speed Control Overide Module BUDS update

Good Day

Looking to do some modifications to my 2010 RXT-X260 however i live in the Caribbean with no immediate access to a BUDS system or Sea Doo dealer. Is there anyway...ANYWAY possible to get that module to work without a BUDS update? A person at RIVA says it is and has been done...however i don't know if he is jerking me around. If anyone can shed some light on this i would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

+1
    IMO

Just get the ecu reflashed, opens the door to do more options down the road.

really? the only thing is that my knowledge and my resources are both limited, i don't know anything about ECU reflash and i also dont know how many people on this island could possibly know about it. is it possible that while some of the modules functions may not work, would it still take off the limiter?

PS...any information about reflashing the ECU or a website i could go to to learn a bit more about how its done?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdefreit View Post
    really? the only thing is that my knowledge and my resources are both limited, i don't know anything about ECU reflash and i also dont know how many people on this island could possibly know about it. is it possible that while some of the modules functions may not work, would it still take off the limiter?

PS...any information about reflashing the ECU or a website i could go to to learn a bit more about how its done?
    Jerry can re-flash your ECU or Les Cooke can due it through the on line store. Will remove the speed limiter, remove the Touring Mode so the ski starts in Sport Mode, as well as improve the skis performance. As Scott mentioned it will also allow other Mods to perform as designed. Search this fourm as it has tons of valuable information. Scott and I have both had the Re-flash completed and with other supporting mods we are achieving over 80 MPH with our 2010 RXTX-260 skis.. Good luck...

sounds great, but in order to perform the reflash i would need to send my ECU up to yall? i am sorry i just really dont know how the re-flash is performed

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sdefreit View Post
    sounds great, but in order to perform the reflash i would need to send my ECU up to yall? i am sorry i just really dont know how the re-flash is performed
    Yes.. You would remove it from the ski and send it to Jerry (online store). Jerry or whoever will need your Mods so they can re-flash the ECU (Engine Control Unit) to work with what you have. The speed limiter, boost limiter etc will be removed during the re-flash...

+1
    You WILL be happy with the re-flash

Thread Information