Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Michigan sn-95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hamilton MI
    Posts
    734
    +1
    32

    Installed my new prop.

    I installed my new 3 balde 13/17 prop. My ski does appear to be quicker "though not a lot". Over all I am happy with it.
    Question: I'm only turning 7980 rpm now, but it still gives me the same speedo reading as before I swapped the props "I realize it's not GPS", but It doesn't feel like I've lost any speed either. Will it hurt anything to just leave it alone now? What would I gain getting the prop tweaked to the right RPM?


  2. #2
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    You would gain speed. Get it to 8169-8180. 200 rpms. 1-2mph...

  3. #3
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    I always heard that 3 blade props are quicker. And I think you loose some rpm with the same pitch 3 blade vs a 4 blade.

  4. #4
    Michigan sn-95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hamilton MI
    Posts
    734
    +1
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I always heard that 3 blade props are quicker. And I think you loose some rpm with the same pitch 3 blade vs a 4 blade.
    That's the advice I was given when I asked about which prop to get "I wanted a better hole shot". It would be nice to get the RPM's back I guess, but I would hate to send the prop to be tweaked and end up losing my low end gain.

  5. #5
    Swedish Viking Craigo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    1,367
    +1
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    That's the advice I was given when I asked about which prop to get "I wanted a better hole shot". It would be nice to get the RPM's back I guess, but I would hate to send the prop to be tweaked and end up losing my low end gain.
    You could always just add boost - like a SC impeller upgrade? I'd probably just get a Fizzle external cooler kit and 4" intake to make up for the missing 200rpms, or just drop in a C3 wheel.

  6. #6
    szt8b7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    661
    +1
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I always heard that 3 blade props are quicker. And I think you loose some rpm with the same pitch 3 blade vs a 4 blade.
    I've also read that they cause stuffing at a lower speed. Can anyone explain why they are quicker off the line, sn-95 saw the same speeds at lower RPM & yet hardly anyone seems to be using them? I'd just like a better understanding of the "mechanics" behind the differences between a four blade and a three blade.

  7. #7
    Michigan sn-95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hamilton MI
    Posts
    734
    +1
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    You could always just add boost - like a SC impeller upgrade? I'd probably just get a Fizzle external cooler kit and 4" intake to make up for the missing 200rpms, or just drop in a C3 wheel.
    I would like to add some more mods, but I've kind of drained my Sea-Doo budget for this year. "makin' it look pretty" I figured a prop was the cheapest thing I could do to get the results I wanted.

    Quote Originally Posted by szt8b7 View Post
    I've also read that they cause stuffing at a lower speed. Can anyone explain why they are quicker off the line, sn-95 saw the same speeds at lower RPM & yet hardly anyone seems to be using them? I'd just like a better understanding of the "mechanics" behind the differences between a four blade and a three blade.
    +1

  8. #8
    Mod less, ride more! troyheb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Nederland, Texas
    Posts
    8,725
    +1
    1,267
    I dont think there will be problem running a 3 blade in a RXP or RXT. It is just RXPX's and to a lesser extent RXTX's.
    A few people with turbo RXP's running 3 blades with no problems.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 08:30 AM
  2. Installed my new Jettrim cove.
    By sn-95 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-14-2010, 05:57 PM
  3. Should i install my new R&D Intake grt
    By soulraver in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2010, 01:52 PM
  4. WTF, I installed my new extended pump setup on my sl750
    By gvnitup in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 05:04 AM
  5. RXT and my new prop
    By Kinchyle in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-27-2005, 09:06 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •