+1

Installed my new prop.

I installed my new 3 balde 13/17 prop. My ski does appear to be quicker "though not a lot". Over all I am happy with it.
    Question: I'm only turning 7980 rpm now, but it still gives me the same speedo reading as before I swapped the props "I realize it's not GPS", but It doesn't feel like I've lost any speed either. Will it hurt anything to just leave it alone now? What would I gain getting the prop tweaked to the right RPM?

+1
    You would gain speed. Get it to 8169-8180. 200 rpms. 1-2mph...

+1
    I always heard that 3 blade props are quicker. And I think you loose some rpm with the same pitch 3 blade vs a 4 blade.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I always heard that 3 blade props are quicker. And I think you loose some rpm with the same pitch 3 blade vs a 4 blade.
    That's the advice I was given when I asked about which prop to get "I wanted a better hole shot". It would be nice to get the RPM's back I guess, but I would hate to send the prop to be tweaked and end up losing my low end gain.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    That's the advice I was given when I asked about which prop to get "I wanted a better hole shot". It would be nice to get the RPM's back I guess, but I would hate to send the prop to be tweaked and end up losing my low end gain.
    You could always just add boost - like a SC impeller upgrade? I'd probably just get a Fizzle external cooler kit and 4" intake to make up for the missing 200rpms, or just drop in a C3 wheel.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    I've also read that they cause stuffing at a lower speed. Can anyone explain why they are quicker off the line, sn-95 saw the same speeds at lower RPM & yet hardly anyone seems to be using them? I'd just like a better understanding of the "mechanics" behind the differences between a four blade and a three blade.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
    You could always just add boost - like a SC impeller upgrade? I'd probably just get a Fizzle external cooler kit and 4" intake to make up for the missing 200rpms, or just drop in a C3 wheel.
    I would like to add some more mods, but I've kind of drained my Sea-Doo budget for this year. "makin' it look pretty" I figured a prop was the cheapest thing I could do to get the results I wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by szt8b7 View Post
    I've also read that they cause stuffing at a lower speed. Can anyone explain why they are quicker off the line, sn-95 saw the same speeds at lower RPM & yet hardly anyone seems to be using them? I'd just like a better understanding of the "mechanics" behind the differences between a four blade and a three blade.
    +1

+1
    I dont think there will be problem running a 3 blade in a RXP or RXT. It is just RXPX's and to a lesser extent RXTX's.
    A few people with turbo RXP's running 3 blades with no problems.

Thread Information