Help! Questions from a NEWB 1995 Polaris SL750

I just bought a 1995 Polaris SL750. This is my first one ever and i know it needs work but I only paid 300 for it and a trailor. It runs but the cylinder closest to the back has NO compression. The others have 120 and 125. I know the trim motor is not connected and when I hooked it directly to a battery nothing happened so i think it is dead. The Multi Funcion Board does NOT work. I was told it could be a fuse???? Anyways, where should I start in getting this thing going. NO compression means broken ring? busted piston? I was told I can remove and install a new piston without pulling the motor? I am a total newb and I would appreciate any help you could offer. I am in Clarksville TN and have a lake about 20 min away and I cant wait to get this going!

Thanks in advance

Front Royal VA
    Welcome to the hulk. I will save K447 a post. Here is some great info The cylinders run pto, center, mag The pto is the drive shaft end the center and mag for magneto/flywheel. Time to pull the cover on the pto cylinder and have a look. Trim motor could be a fuse which is in the black box as well as a fuse for the MFD. Take some pics ask some questions. Lots of help here.

TJ - there are some good folks on here - take the pics - listen to the words - take your time - it will work out.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Cleveland OH
    Welcome to the hulk.

Remove the cyl heads and have a good look at what you're dealing with first. You prob have a damaged piston and possibly a bad crank if it sat unprepped.

The trim motor needs to have the engine running in order for it to work. There are no fuses for it, just the bilge pump and the MFD.

Also take a look at this link too.

Thread Information