Ipswich, Massachusetts, United States

hope no one here was involved.

For whatever reason seems like there alot more accidents on the water (here in the northeast) this year.

Woman Killed In Newtown Boating Accident; Three Injured On Connecticut River

The Hartford Courant
    8:43 PM EDT, July 30, 2011

An 18-year-old woman was killed in a boating accident on Lake Lillinonah in Newtown Saturday afternoon, the state Department of Energy and Environmental Protection said.
    Three people were hospitalized in a separate accident on the Connecticut river in Windsor, a DEEP statement said. Those injuries appeared to be non-life-threatening, the statement said.
    The Newtown accident happened at 5 p.m. Saturday evening, when the woman was water-skiing and her line got tangled in the propeller of the boat towing her, the DEEP said.
    The victim, from Yonkers, N.Y. was taken to Danbury Hospital, where she was pronounced dead, the agency said. Her name is being withheld until her family is notified.
    On the Connecticut River, a Jet Ski collided with two people in tubes near the Wilson state boat launch around 6:15 p.m., the DEEP said.
    The two people, who were being towed by a boat, and the Jet ski operator were taken to Hartford Hospital with what appeared to be non-life-threatening injuries, the statement said.

I have been riding these things since I was 14 and racing them since 1999 and I have seen alot of the dumb things people do and unfortunately, common sense, respect for machine and property and being aware of your surroundings is not something everyone posses and unfortunately you get accidents. I had a guy and his girl on a ski traveling down river one day, without looking, just turned left and cut off me, my girl and about 3 boats that were traveling behind and parallel and if it wasn't for me thinking this guy has the body english for a left hand turn, he would have turned right into me. Instead I powered down and paced myself about 1-2mph slower than he was going and without looking or signaling, just made a 90 degree turn and cut straight across traffic and was almost lambasted. He made eye contact with me about half way through the turn after he was in my path of travel and if it wasn't for me letting off 5 seconds prior to that, I would have T-boned him as I was coming up on his left side about 10-15mph faster than he was traveling. Maybe it is the motorcyclist in me that rides with the "what is the dumbest thing someone can do right now" mentality but it certainly saved me from a collision with some brainless A-hole who thought it was cute to turn in front of people. Then he didn't even have the decency to aknowledge he did a boneheaded thing and kept right on tooling along like everyone else was at fault for being in his way because his buddies boat was anchored on the other side of the river and he had to get there.

LI I$land New york
    I have Noticed this too... Maybe because of the crappy winter folks want to get out there and do it with out taking any precaution. I have also noticed a LOT more ANTI JETSKI atitude this season too.Finally, i see(and this is good) a lot more Ski's on the water. I cannot remember the last time i saw more than 2 skis launch from the same ramp- at the same time. it's good to see this.. I do wish that there were not so many accidents though..

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    That guy probably turns left from the right lane as well.

Thread Information