Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Impeller '96 780

Question for those MUCH deeper in knowledge that me - looked on e-bay - noticed there were 2 impellers(min) for my sled - a 14-21 and a 12-18. @ less than 150 ft above sea level, 250 lb seat load which impeller is recommended. With the abuse original impeller, the sled is running 6700 rpm in light chop - what do you say ??

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Those sound like Solas impeller pitches.

http://www.solas.com/newweb/pwcprodu...o=F27&SwType=1

What are you looking to achieve? Accel or top speed? Do you tube or pull 3 passangers alot?

Accel - I like to dog around, after pullin a 180 it drops down in the water and does not want to pull up easily. But also like to do some cruisin and don't want to use all the fuel up - no 3 passengers and no tubin - gotta big flaoter for that.

+1
    I prefer the Skat Trak swirl impellers for accel.

But if you stay with the Solas brand get the concorde series.

parts came in yesterday = apperciated! Skat looks good - just saw the Solas ad and got me to thinking. I'm getting full RPM out of the stock unit - do i just change the impeller, put the stock grate on and be done or do I think about the pump and plate? I've see plates discussed in regards to grate changes.

+1
    Why are you wanting to change the impeller? (stock one bad or performance)

Why are you thinking about plates and grates?

What are you looking to gain?

What type of water conditions do you normally ride?

Original Grate was broken by a stump and lodged against impeller. When changinging the grate, I bought some after market grate that was advertised to keep it hooked up, my interitation - sucked down to the water. Cut some top end off as well. I'll know more after putting on the stock grate but thinking the impeller was damaged when the piece of grate stopped the motor. Conditons are usually in varing degrees of chop from light to heavy. Riding is 70% hot dogging and 30% cruising @ 60% throttle. When hot dogging, doing 180's and more it will drop down in the water and struggle to pop up again.

+1
    If the impeller is bad, then by all means change it out. Or you can have it refurbished by Impros. (but you'll be down until it comes back)

I'd go with the Skat Trak. Whichever they recommend for your level of modifications.

For you, I'df stay with the stock intake grate or a R&D 650 scoop type if you wanted for the rougher conditions.

The guys on here have been raving about the Ocean Pro ride plate for the SLT. You might want to try and find one of those if you have the $$$ burning a hole in your pocket.

I've got an email out to skat trak for input - I think the grate goes on - check the performence and I'll stick a scope in to check the impeller and buy a beer for after the ride - greatly appreciate the knowledge.

+1
    Give Skat a call or call Impros. Much better to talk to someone and have all your Q's answered VS. 1 Q via E mail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information