2001 Virage TX Carb problem

Hi guys,
    Had a lot of problems last year with my ski, but I think I got them sorted with new stator, CDI, ignition leads etc.
    I had the diaphragms changed in the carbs as they were a bit loose and received the rest of the carb gaskets etc when I picked up the engine from the workshop.
    While I was waiting for the CDI, I decided to change the fuel hoses (got rid of the old grey tempo lines) an thn had the bright idea of changing the rest of the carb gaskets.
    I took the ski out a couple of weeks ago and it ran ok, but was a little hesitant on throttle pick-up & I had to feather the throttle to get it going properly. Not only that, but it was running low on fuel and on a couple of occasions it ran REALLY rough, as if it had only 1 cylinder firing or water in the fuel or similar. I found that after feathering the throttle, it cleared after a couple of minutes but I couldn't run it at full throttle.
    When I got it back I fitted new carb base gaskets, adjusted oil pump alignment and checked all fuel lines & pulse lines for tightness.
    All seemed ok so I took her out again yesterday. She ran great all day, except I still can't get full throttle for longer than a few seconds.
    I tried blasting across Falmouth bay at full throttle & had what I can only describe as total loss on ignition until I feathered the throttle where it picked up again. I got the rough running again a couple of times but managed to clear that.
    When the carbs were rebuilt, I didn't change any of the settings so I can't see that being the problem. There's no water in the separator so it's not that either.
    My only thought is that maybe the fuel lines are not allowing enough fuel through to the carbs?
    It's clear fuel line with braided insert. I had to put the hose into hot water to soften it before it would fit over the fittings on the carbs. Is it possible that these are a fracton too small. What diameter should the fuel hose be? I think it's 1/2" id line I used - I have reels of the stuff!
    Any suggestions as to what might cause this problem?

+1
    Maybe a couple pictures to see if the hoses are installed correct

I'll try to get some on here. Followed the manual, but you never can tell!

Well, I think I've got to the bottom of the problem. Removed the air box and got in to look at the hoses (to take photo's) & found that the pulse lines were loose. Tightened them up, checked the other pipes just in case and now it runs sweet as a nut! Changed the fuel valve to be on the safe side and installed a fuel filter inline (as there wasn't one on it). Got a re-usable filter with replacement elements for around $13 with different sized ends - perfect!
    Thanks for the help.

Thread Information