+1

Camera enfrocement of No Wake Zones.

Heard of red light cameras? Well, thanks to old people with nothing better to do than shake thier fist in the air, they want to put them in no wake zones.

Port Richey is an area north of tampa that is mainly full of retired folk.

http://www2.tbo.com/news/pasco-news/...ras-ar-247409/

+1
    Someone should black out there # and put a Zorro mask on and rip the shit out of the area. Just kidding. It might do some good if they catch some thieves stealing thing. But most likely just open a can of worm for the rest of us. Good luck over there, It will be at least 10 years before they put one in Oregon.

I actually don't think its a bad idea...there is nothing I hate more then ass holes thinking its ok to make a wake through a channel.

I DO think it is a good idea to enforce no wake zones, but not by camera. Just another step towards big government because people ask the government to do everything but wipe their ass. Maybe the retirees should put some more effort into who they elect to make sure they get their social security check next month. I'm done preaching now...

But seriously, cameras would bother me. Couldn't they just hire a marine officer to patrol part time? A camera would work great on mailing someone a ticket, if that is the route they take. But if you have a bunch of crazies there for the weekend, it isn't going to do anything to stop them. Give them a ticket on Friday, and I guarantee they behave at least until Sunday. And you might prevent an accident from an irresponsible boater by offering an immediate ticket as opposed to a mailed one that arrives weeks later.

+1
    That would be pretty funny to get 6 tickets in the mail in the same spot and not even known it until a week later. $600 later

Cameras do nothing. Leo presence does. There does need to be more officers on the water. I have only ever seen 2 the whole time I have owned my ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by boostedpgt View Post
    Cameras do nothing. Leo presence does. There does need to be more officers on the water. I have only ever seen 2 the whole time I have owned my ski.
    Here in tampa, I see 2 everytime I go out.

I went out with another GH member Friday and he got pulled over for a safety check. They checked his whistle and fire extinguisher operation and did not bother with me even though I pulled up next to them anyway. They were polite and told us to have a nice day and were gone.

+1
    The term no wake is a joke. It is against all laws of physics to have no wake while moving in the water. Wake is defined as white capping. Funny how my ski makes a smaller 'wake' at wot than at idle. Old people kill me. They think the waters are poisoned with jet skis. Sadly around here the fishermen that have 300 verados on the back of a 21 ft bass boat doing 92 in the channel and 70+ around corners have caused more accidents and injuries and several deaths. One passed me hopping and skipping around all over. I was at 3/4 throttle doing 78 and he went past me like I was sitting still. I caught up to him at the next NWZ and asked why so fast and why a 21,000 dollar upgrade on a 17,000 z3 bass boat. The answer I got was this: "well man, you gotta get there". This should be dealt with before pwc's personally. It's mainly the fishermen that speed past me and the skiers. They will buzz a skier in the water and will pass a boat towing a skier within 10 ft. I've seen skiers hit by bass fishermen when they fall and are too close to move. Interesting.

Where I ride we have two sheriffs and a coast guard, they do a pretty good job...but sometimes do stuff that doesnt make any sense. Ill get pulled over for a safety check, and ill see someone on the other side of the channel making a large wake, and it just makes me think why they would rather get me for a safety check, and not the moron causing a wake.

Speaking of sheriffs, this was last night at the coast guard festival in Grand Haven MI, and this was only about half of them.

Thread Information