Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1

    RXP Speedometer issue

    Posting this for a friend. He has an 06 rxp and the battery cable came off. Ever since his speedometer has not been working. Anyone have any suggestions?


  2. #2
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Needs to be activated in buds. Sometime they lose programming when the battery comes out for a short time.

  3. #3
    Buds? Guessing some kinda program has to access the ECU?

  4. #4
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by ziggity View Post
    Buds? Guessing some kinda program has to access the ECU?
    B.U.D.S. Is a computer based tool that you find only at a dealer. It is used as a diagnostic utility and others.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Needs to be activated in buds. Sometime they lose programming when the battery comes out for a short time.
    Wow... Before I ever rode my ski I took my battery out and put it indoors on a battery tender (it was still cold out when I bought it). Should I not do that anymore?

  6. #6
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Emig5m View Post
    Wow... Before I ever rode my ski I took my battery out and put it indoors on a battery tender (it was still cold out when I bought it). Should I not do that anymore?
    Not all ecm's do this. Some just lose their programming. It is not an uncommon issue. Some get lucky.

  7. #7
    Ok i'll let him know, thanks.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. RXP-X issue!! HELP
    By bavboym3 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-02-2008, 02:26 PM
  2. 07 RXP trim issue
    By RXPwildchild in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-14-2008, 11:47 AM
  3. RXP vibration issue HELP!
    By inteljd in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-19-2007, 11:24 AM
  4. rxp speedometer
    By bigb'srxp in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-09-2007, 08:49 PM
  5. RXP with ISSUES
    By Jrsrxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-18-2006, 04:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •