Thread: RXT help

RXT help

I got a 2006 Sea Doo RXT that's been sitting for over a year. I been trying to start it and haven't be having luck. Its throwing a code P1512 or P1513. The jet ski is new to me but I have built many race cars so I am familiar with working on engines. When I try starting in making a short click and a shirt attempt to start but nothing. I change the plugs and put fresh gas, any help would be appreciated.

+1
    I could not find a 1512 or 1513. 513 is wrong DES key. IF it is just clicking the starter solenoid is probably bad. Common problem on 06-07 Skies. Closest code to 1512-13 is 1517 compass out of range. That surely is not your problem. If you look in the how to section you will find a thread on fault codes.

I appreciate your reply. I need to play around a bit cause I honestly feel like the person standing on the other side of the desk I have no idea what I am looking at.

So I still can't get the ski started but now the oil looks a lil milky usually an indication of a blown head gasket. Help me please anyone, I will know what to try with some detail instructions

Quote Originally Posted by nastye39 View Post
    So I still can't get the ski started but now the oil looks a lil milky usually an indication of a blown head gasket. Help me please anyone, I will know what to try with some detail instructions
    If you turned the hose on well before trying to start it, you could have back filled the motor with water through the exhaust

I didn't even connect the hose, its been sitting for a while and wont crank.

Thread Information