Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

300x throttle assembly sucks

Who else has this problem, thought kawasaki would have learnt when they recalled the 250 for the same problem nope they didnt this time they used a tiny plastic lug of which on mine has broken on my first light ocean ride.
    The whole throttle assembly now moves about on the handlebars because of the tiny plastic lug that has split away. at least the 250 was recalled and fixed with a metal locating lug.
    Come on kawasaki lift your game noticed alot of corners cut on this new model with fasteners and wire tow and bow hooks to name a few. not to mention the sloppy steering, and light paint job, damn im angry

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    Who else has this problem, thought kawasaki would have learnt when they recalled the 250 for the same problem nope they didnt this time they used a tiny plastic lug of which on mine has broken on my first light ocean ride.
    The whole throttle assembly now moves about on the handlebars because of the tiny plastic lug that has split away. at least the 250 was recalled and fixed with a metal locating lug.
    Come on kawasaki lift your game noticed alot of corners cut on this new model with fasteners and wire tow and bow hooks to name a few. not to mention the sloppy steering, and light paint job, damn im angry
    That's pretty strange as mine has or had a locating pin onto the handle bar. So your saying yours does not ? Or it did but broke. ? If you wrap the bar with electrical tape then tighten it won't move. We actually grind that lug off on stock boats so we can rotate the throttle for a more comfortable position. I don't like the stock assay so I went to a aftermarket one anyways. What do u mean by wire hooks on bow and stern ?

+1
    yes the lug has broken off.
    the front tow hook is just a loop of wire same as the rear, the front on the earlier models has a molded plastic outer, the rear was a quick hitch type meaning you only needed an eye in the rope to connect.

2011 N/A champ 2011-2012 turbo champ elpeladodelsamba's Avatar
    +1
    wellcome to kawasaki world!!

Banned User
    +1
    yes the lug has broken off.
    the front tow hook is just a loop of wire same as the rear, the front on the earlier models has a molded plastic outer, the rear was a quick hitch type meaning you only needed an eye in the rope to connect.
    Ahhh I gotcha it's actually the same hook on the front with out the plastic. But 2012 it will be back to the plastic covering. I personally find it easier with out the plastic cover to clip onto. I agree about the ski tow hook on the back. That I believe is changed back as well.

+1
    yes i relised its the same without the plastic and do agree it is easier to clip onto, i swapped the rear from my 250, and have heard of the new 2012 changes damn these skis age quick lol.

Quote Originally Posted by FIRE0021 View Post
    Ahhh I gotcha it's actually the same hook on the front with out the plastic. But 2012 it will be back to the plastic covering. I personally find it easier with out the plastic cover to clip onto. I agree about the ski tow hook on the back. That I believe is changed back as well.

Banned User
    +1
    There starting to be like computers lol

+1
    Do the old kawi pole ski trick. One or two laps around the bar with gaffer tape, then bolt throttle back on.

Goes nowhere.

+1
    gee you whinge a lot, are you american..........

+1
    just thought they would have learnt from previous fuck up dave, and then i let go why i was on a roll

yer denny tape will do the trick or maybe a self tapper in there.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information