Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

how easy to spin the supercharger?

on an 04 gtx 4-tec sc i was wondering how easy is it supposed to be to spin the supercharger by hand. I found my ski was slow recently is why im asking and i dont have a working spedometer i just know by the feel. Anyways it spins fairly easily, i mean i can put my finger on it and push it hard enough so it spions a little without my finger on it, but it doeshave some resistance.

+1
    you should be able to spin it a tiny bit before it cannot be moved anymore..maybe a 1/8th of a turn..If ita an 04 i would have that Scer pulled and inspected for ceramic clutches,IF it has not been rebuilt already

ok ill try to make a long story short, this ski was borrowed and well, partly sunk. This was in 05 and warrenty rebuilt the SCer and the SCer is red. I thought it was black before. Anyways which direction shoul i turn it? It keeps turning clockwise.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon4879 View Post
    ok ill try to make a long story short, this ski was borrowed and well, partly sunk. This was in 05 and warrenty rebuilt the SCer and the SCer is red. I thought it was black before. Anyways which direction shoul i turn it? It keeps turning clockwise.
    your turning it the right way...color doesnt mean much anymore when it comes to the internals...it could have been upgraded when it rebuilt BUT you wont be able to tell that unless you pull it and visually look at the clutch assembly

+1
    FYI...

My 04 GTX LTD came originally with a RED SC..(32 hr) Had it rebuilt before the original ceramics had a chance to grenade. You should NOT be able to spin the SC impeller unless you really force it with you fingers. I now have totally new SC (black) ..(Thanks to Jerry)... as my "red" SC, (which was rebuilt by a local Seadoo stealership..had a bearing let go...touchdown.. after only 12 hours)...Long story....(won't bore you with deatails).

Follow what Snowman said...

Cheers

looks like jerry is getting more business soon lol so this is why it seems slow to accelerate...

I could turn mine 3/4 of a turn with a small amount of effort and then it would become very difficult to turn. I found out that I was actually spinning the motor with my hand on the s/c impeller. I ended up finally checking the slip moment and it was on the top end of the specs at 88 inch pounds. If I were you, I'd save time money and worries by testing it on the ski. Put a piece of wood in the jet pump to prevent from turning the motor over and test the slip by turning the s/c counterclockwise with a in/lb torque wrench and a 17 mm socket. You should spin it one full revolution prior to checking for accurate results.

I can spin this supercharger with my pinky easily way more than one revolution lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lemon4879 View Post
    I can spin this supercharger with my pinky easily way more than one revolution lol
    Thats bad......do not run the machine anymore till you pull that charger

Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    Thats bad......do not run the machine anymore till you pull that charger
    x25,000+!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information