Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Purchasing a new VXR - questions on actual purchase

Hi All - New poster here. I've been reading the forums and am close to purshasing a VXR ski but had a few quesitons. First, here is what I was looking for in a Ski:
    - reliability
    - speed / power
    - not too long of a ski - would like to be pretty agile with it and drive it pretty aggressive
    - ability to put 3 people on there if I wanted (I have small kids) but realistically it would be 1 or 2 people 90% of the time
    - when needed, the ability to tow my kids in a tube or on ski's; ability for me to ski as well
    - value - I felt like the VX series offered the performance I was looking for at prices that are now dropping

Based on what I've read here and elsewhere, I've decided to go with Yamaha due to overall reliability and quality. I'm OK with not having all the latest gadgets / tech stuff, I am looking for a powerful, reliable, fun Ski that the family and I can use. I plan to maintain the ski properly and keep is in stock condition at this point in time.

My question is regarding the actual purchase and what I should expect - are there add in's to ask for, things I should make sure I have before I take this thing out? I'm negotiating on the price and the trailer. Does this come with a cover or do I need to look at those as well?

Are there other things you guys would recommend when purchasing? I saw a topic yesterday regarding the billet inserts for the VXR (in regards to taking on water). What else do I need to think of or know about - or do I walk away with a ski, trailer, cover and I am good to go?

I appreciate any and all help and thanks for all of the wealth of information on the boards already. Take care!

+1
    make the dealer throw in the 3 year warranty with the deal....

Cover is extra unless you have them throw it in. They cost 200 bucks.

Thanks for the tips so far.

+1
    On mine I got $500 dollars in Credit to spend at the dealer... So I got the cover, a new life vest, yamaha docking pads, yamaha racing lanyard, some airhead tie offs & a couple bottles of Ducky cleaner/spot remover....

Make sure they knock off the dealer set up and freight charges on BOTH the ski and the trailer!

Good luck and excellent choice!

+1
    To answer your question this is the best all around ski I have ever owned agil, reliable and POWERFUL. The water in the hul is a very easy fix thanks to the Hulk and Mr Waverunner that found a fitting in the siphon systems that needs to be replaced by a one way valve. I rode mine yesterday for two hours off and on with my wife and a friend plus miself and GPSed at 70 MPH. This is truly a remarkable ski, Julio...

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Its coming close to the end of the season depending on where you live........should be able to make a decent deal....they dont want them sitting in the showroom over the winter............give you an idea where you should be or better...I paid $12,700 OTD early in the season thats a VXS ($9999), trailer ,taxes , 3 yrs registration,cover,and 4 year extended warranty......

+1
    you will love it!!!

Thanks, that is helpul to know. I took a look at them again yesterday and am leaning towards the VXS now due to the seat. I was hoping to swap seats but the dealer didn't seem anxious to do that.

In Dogs We Trust All Others Get Searched
    From East Texas-transplanted in Shreveport,Bossier City
    Quote Originally Posted by blackhawkfan View Post
    Thanks, that is helpul to know. I took a look at them again yesterday and am leaning towards the VXS now due to the seat. I was hoping to swap seats but the dealer didn't seem anxious to do that.
    Hmm, what sort of flak are they giving you about that.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information