Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24
  1. #1

    New Member, Looking to buy fastest stock ski available

    Looking for a little info. I have a friend with a Yamaha SHO and wanting to buy something to blow him out of the water. i am looking at a 300x. I rode his SHO yesterday on the river and topped out at 74.8 according to the speedo, not GPS. Ive read several posts here that said the 300x wouldnt hit 70. Any suggestions as to which boat to buy?? I am a novice so I am just looking for the fastest ride from folks that know.


  2. #2
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    yer right as if in the kawasaki forum we are going to say buy the yamaha lol,

  3. #3
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Behavior View Post
    Looking for a little info. I have a friend with a Yamaha SHO and wanting to buy something to blow him out of the water. i am looking at a 300x. I rode his SHO yesterday on the river and topped out at 74.8 according to the speedo, not GPS. Ive read several posts here that said the 300x wouldnt hit 70. Any suggestions as to which boat to buy?? I am a novice so I am just looking for the fastest ride from folks that know.
    what is you normal rideing conditions ...............river , lakes , smooth , rough
    that changes the answer BIG time

    Waz

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    LA/oc
    Posts
    3,911
    +1
    129
    Thanks to the coast guard all completely stock off show room floor skis will go the same speed. 65-67. Now u can make the skis go faster but completely stock it's a toss up if u ride flat river lake water don't buy a Kawi. Go buy a yammi or seepoo if u want a machine that can do it all and hit 73mph all day long and destroy anything out there in anything over 1ft chop buy a 300. A. Good rider can make a slow ski fast and a bad rider can make a fast ski slow.

  5. #5
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    so whats wrong with a 300on flat water? havn't we proven its now the best all round ski flat or rough lol

    the guy simply wants the fastest ski available out of the box, i think he is in the right place lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    what is you normal rideing conditions ...............river , lakes , smooth , rough
    that changes the answer BIG time

    Waz

  6. #6
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    so whats wrong with a 300on flat water? havn't we proven its now the best all round ski flat or rough lol

    the guy simply wants the fastest ski available out of the box, i think he is in the right place lol.
    I might need to clean my glass's,

    waz

  7. #7
    The 300 does everything better than ANY other stock ski out there, even flat water
    It's playful, has a killer holeshot, and tops out at 71-72.

  8. #8
    2005 RXT Red08Ultra250's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Dunedin, FL
    Posts
    908
    the sho is not stock if hitting 74.8. You can make the 300 hit that speed with the few simple mods.

  9. #9
    gmoeller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Hermosa Beach, Calif
    Posts
    1,450
    +1
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    the sho is not stock if hitting 74.8. You can make the 300 hit that speed with the few simple mods.
    It was not GPS. He said, " I rode his SHO yesterday on the river and topped out at 74.8 according to the speedo, not GPS."

    So, it actually could be stock. The question is how do you see 74.8 on the FZR's stock analog speedo? Unless you're just ballparking.

  10. #10
    @gmoeller his dash is all digital. I dont know if it's supposed to be but it is.&btw sweet trailer in ur pic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. New Here -- Looking to Buy a Ski
    By cam36 in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 06-30-2015, 08:25 PM
  2. New guy! Looking to buy a ski.
    By Calogero in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 01-25-2011, 03:11 PM
  3. NEWB looking to buy his first ski needs advice.
    By CamaroRacing12 in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 08:11 PM
  4. NEWB looking to buy his first ski needs advice.
    By CamaroRacing12 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-04-2009, 03:01 PM
  5. new guy... looking to buy a RXP
    By Promod1955 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 10:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •