Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

New Member, Looking to buy fastest stock ski available

Looking for a little info. I have a friend with a Yamaha SHO and wanting to buy something to blow him out of the water. i am looking at a 300x. I rode his SHO yesterday on the river and topped out at 74.8 according to the speedo, not GPS. Ive read several posts here that said the 300x wouldnt hit 70. Any suggestions as to which boat to buy?? I am a novice so I am just looking for the fastest ride from folks that know.

+1
    yer right as if in the kawasaki forum we are going to say buy the yamaha lol,

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Behavior View Post
    Looking for a little info. I have a friend with a Yamaha SHO and wanting to buy something to blow him out of the water. i am looking at a 300x. I rode his SHO yesterday on the river and topped out at 74.8 according to the speedo, not GPS. Ive read several posts here that said the 300x wouldnt hit 70. Any suggestions as to which boat to buy?? I am a novice so I am just looking for the fastest ride from folks that know.
    what is you normal rideing conditions ...............river , lakes , smooth , rough
    that changes the answer BIG time

Waz

Banned User
    +1
    Thanks to the coast guard all completely stock off show room floor skis will go the same speed. 65-67. Now u can make the skis go faster but completely stock it's a toss up if u ride flat river lake water don't buy a Kawi. Go buy a yammi or seepoo if u want a machine that can do it all and hit 73mph all day long and destroy anything out there in anything over 1ft chop buy a 300. A. Good rider can make a slow ski fast and a bad rider can make a fast ski slow.

+1
    so whats wrong with a 300on flat water? havn't we proven its now the best all round ski flat or rough lol

the guy simply wants the fastest ski available out of the box, i think he is in the right place lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sirbreaksalot View Post
    what is you normal rideing conditions ...............river , lakes , smooth , rough
    that changes the answer BIG time

Waz

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    so whats wrong with a 300on flat water? havn't we proven its now the best all round ski flat or rough lol

the guy simply wants the fastest ski available out of the box, i think he is in the right place lol.
    I might need to clean my glass's,

waz

The 300 does everything better than ANY other stock ski out there, even flat water
    It's playful, has a killer holeshot, and tops out at 71-72.

the sho is not stock if hitting 74.8. You can make the 300 hit that speed with the few simple mods.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Red08Ultra250 View Post
    the sho is not stock if hitting 74.8. You can make the 300 hit that speed with the few simple mods.
    It was not GPS. He said, " I rode his SHO yesterday on the river and topped out at 74.8 according to the speedo, not GPS."

So, it actually could be stock. The question is how do you see 74.8 on the FZR's stock analog speedo? Unless you're just ballparking.

@gmoeller his dash is all digital. I dont know if it's supposed to be but it is.&btw sweet trailer in ur pic.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information