MFI resetting hours?

I had a new LR module installed. When i got the ski back, i had 0 hours on the mfi. The mechanic said he had no idea how that happened because the "brains" of the mfi are contained inside the mfi on the newer models. He said he never touched or had any reason to touch the mfi in order the fix the lr.

2001 carbed virage....

any ideas?

It happens. Some seem to think leaving the dead or dieing battery in the ski causes the MFD to do crazy things with the hours. Nothing you can do to change it, there is not a way to reset it back.

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Thats the 'normal' of a really low or bad battery, it sucks the life out of the MFD ... Usually comes back on with hundreds of hours and then resets to zero

+1
    I made a tach signal generator and fooled the gauges into thinking the engine was running. Only downfall. If you had 100 hours you have to leave the signal generator hooked up for 100 hours

just to clarify, the 01 virage has an MFI not an MFD, not sure if that makes a difference or not. either way, once i got it back and the mfi was reset to ZERO everything, it started reading miles/hours instantly once i took it on the water(it had never stopped working, just reset the miles, hours, and clock). i now have an 01 virage with 1.7 hours.

.....still confused on how this happened? the battery is new and has plenty of life left in it.

+1
    It just happens. I've reset the gauges before by holding all of the buttons down and tapping the positive cable on the battery a couple times. This is because the ski legit only had 12.8 hours on it, It sat around for a month or so and all of a sudden it had 556 hours on it.

Thread Information