2009 RXT iS or 2010 RXTX RS

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking to purchase a new PWC. There are 2 good deals on: 2009 RXT iS 255 and a RXTX Rs 260. the '09 model is about 3k cheaper than the '10.

Most of the use will be with 2 people on touring, and doing some ski'ing and wakeboarding etc also. Its probably good to mention that 80% of the time it will be in choppy water.

I think the suspension model will suit better. What do you think?

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by stumpy View Post
    ... I think the suspension model will suit better. What do you think?
    I think you are right! Your description of what it will be used for points to the iS... and why pay an additional 3k for a re-stickered, none existent 5 horsepower...

Question

Hi everyone,

I am currently looking to purchase a new PWC. There are 2 good deals on: 2009 RXT iS 255 and a RXTX Rs 260. the '09 model is about 3k cheaper than the '10.

Most of the use will be with 2 people on touring, and doing some ski'ing and wakeboarding etc also. Its probably good to mention that 80% of the time it will be in choppy water.

I think the suspension model will suit better. What do you think?
    You just answered your own question. You can't pull a wake boarder or skier with the RXT-iS because of the suspension according to my dealer. Also, I owned the 2009 RXT-iS and after riding it about 26 hours I dumped it for $9500,00 with out a sales commission. After riding it about 45 miles in open seas 2-3 ' waves it liked to throw me off. It was like riding a big yellow pogo stick bouncing me all over the place. In small chop 1'-2 or less it was great. Less storage is also another bummer, it has a higher center of gravity and tends to be tippy, This problem is worse when 2 riders are on. So IMO go for the RXT-X

I was told that you can still ski behind the suspension models but they only have the basic tow hook. With the fixed hulls you can obviously get the standard SeaDoo attachments. Is this not the case?

In terms of it being tippy, did adjusting the suspension not help at all? I've heard some people think its great - thats all

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I got used to mine being top heavy. I tend to run the suspension in manual mode and will raise or lower it depending on the situation. I love my suspension system!

However, it is my understanding that the GPS speed limiter on the 09 models are not able to be bypassed, so it will limited to around 67ish, unless it's an International model.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSANE View Post
    I got used to mine being top heavy. I tend to run the suspension in manual mode and will raise or lower it depending on the situation. I love my suspension system!

However, it is my understanding that the GPS speed limiter on the 09 models are not able to be bypassed, so it will limited to around 67ish, unless it's an International model.
    Sure it can, reflash the ECU!

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    Suspension is a love it or hate it deal. Make sure you test drive it before making any kind of serious decision.

We have booked in some test ride this weekend on a suspension model and a non-suspension model so will be good to compare.

In terms of the speed limiter - I think 67mph will be fast enough!

+1
    We have booked in some test ride this weekend on a suspension model and a non-suspension model so will be good to compare.

It absolutely will be fast enough......for about 20 minutes.... Then someone comes by and passess you like you were in reverse and then it's on... Have fun and good luck.... Just remember "it's fast enough"... keep saying it.....

Think about it this a two piece ski upper and lower, you are going to hook a tow rope to the upper suspension part of the ski and now you are going to tow with that stress on the suspension parts which is why Seadoo says not to tow skiers or wakeboarders unlike a fixed hull. Ok the reason they need to go back to the drawing board is the suspension does not have enough travel. It bottoms out in rough seas then recoils throwing you about. I know be cause I owned one of these pogo sticks. I thought I was getting a watercross type of suspension. NOT it is lame unless you are in 1-2' chop. Its more like a senior citizen ski.

Thread Information