Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Innovate gauge and LC-1

I got the Innovate gauge and the LC-1, push button and led installed in the ski yesterday. I free air calibrated it and got it to stay at 21.9. The sensor got warm while doing this so after doing this. Then, I installed the o2 sensor in the manifold. I thought it was good to go so I went out to see what the AFR's were yesterday and run the ski with it hooked up. I got it going and all seemed ok. Idle was around 11.2. When I went to give it more throttle it climbed a little but then started to flash. It stayed flashing 7.4 and noticed the led was blinking 8 times and not staying on steadily. I know about the whole ground thing and I have heard that you can ground all the grounds to the same point. I did that but I am wondering about the grounding point. I ground it to the negative terminal. Should I ground it to a place on the engine instead. Will this keep it from blinking 7.4, keep the led lit all the time and allow me to further tune the AFR's? I'm pretty sure all my wiring is right as if it was not the sensor would not get warm and the gauge would not calibrate correctly and keep from blinking. If anyone as any suggestions please let me know. Thanks

+1
    I believe that it shouldn't be grounded to the battery. I grounded mine to a bolt on the motor. Try that and see if it fixes the problem.
    A good test to see if it's calibrated and good to go - pull the o2 sensor and hold a cigarette lighter to it. I believe it should read 10.

+1
    Mine has worked fine for a year grounded to the batt.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    I believe that it shouldn't be grounded to the battery. I grounded mine to a bolt on the motor. Try that and see if it fixes the problem.
    A good test to see if it's calibrated and good to go - pull the o2 sensor and hold a cigarette lighter to it. I believe it should read 10.
    Yeah I was thinking it should go to a bolt on the engine so I took it off the negative side of the battery and put it on a bolt that has some grounding wires already on it. I did the whole process of recalibrating it again and when I put the DESS key on it it blinks 7.4 until the sensor is warmed up then stays lit on 21.9 and the led is constantly on now. This seems right now. Can I put it on the hose just to get the AFR's at idle and to make sure it does not start blinking again? If it does start blinking again I have to find the problem and then recalibrate it right? Thanks

+1
    I did, should be fine.

+1
    How do you have the o2 sensor mounted? I had mine mounted using a 12mm to 18mm adaptor. The sensor was getting too hot, eight blinks. i took the adaptor out and drilled the manifold to mount the sensor directly in the manifold. This is supposed to fix the over heating problem, we will see when i get it back together.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama View Post
    How do you have the o2 sensor mounted? I had mine mounted using a 12mm to 18mm adaptor. The sensor was getting too hot, eight blinks. i took the adaptor out and drilled the manifold to mount the sensor directly in the manifold. This is supposed to fix the over heating problem, we will see when i get it back together.
    I got it mounted in the manifold. Was told that if it was in the J-pipe it would not work as well. I also think there is something going on with my DIY fuel pressure regulator. The pressure on the gauge should go up when I increase the throttle right?

+1
    I connected the ground to the engine block last night like I said I did in post #4. I connected it to the hose and ran it just awhile ago. It was running well and stayed a constant number. I then gave it a few quick burst of throttle and it stated to blink 7.4 again. I turn off the hose then turned off the ski. Stood there for awhile then put the DESS key on and let the sensor warm up. It warmed up and stopped blinking. I thought the ground would of taken care of the blinking but I guess it is something else. Maybe I got something else with the wiring wrong. Might have to take it all out and do again? Any more suggestions?

+1
    If you set pressure with key in not running, then while running at idle you will see pressure drop due to vacume. At around 6000RPM you will see 0 boost and have same pressure as not running with key in. From 6000rpm on as rpm increases boost and fuel pressure should increase 1to1.

I am having the same problem with the 7.4 blinking. If I keep it under 5000rpm I get good readings, anything over 5000rpm it goes to blinking.

Wesley Chapel, FL. Y L Isla Del Encato PR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    Mine has worked fine for a year grounded to the batt.
    I have no issues grounded to the battery as well on 2 skis.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information