Thread: thought....

thought....

Anyone ever thought about running dual thru-hulls? It seems like it should be pretty easy. just mock it up with pipes and then have them welded.

Anyone done this? I really want to. Not only cause i think itll look cool, but I have a major dislike of non-symetrical things. So having one pipe on the one side will drive me insane.

+1
    Actually, a member here on the forum has done it. He's from the UK. Here's a vid:

The only problem is once he put it in place he quickly realized that he couldn't fit his intercooler. Some custom fabrication will be necessary of the IC plumbing if you choose to go that route in the future. Also, even if you do find a way to fit the intercooler having a hot exhaust pipe baking the bottom of it is not desireable.

I do not plan on any more mods, except possibly an impeller and injctors, but probably not even that.

Otherwise, it seems like a pretty straightfoward deal. simple and quick. Splitter, some pipe, and some extra thru-hull fittings.

Quote Originally Posted by Pettee View Post
    I do not plan on any more mods, except possibly an impeller and injctors, but probably not even that.

Otherwise, it seems like a pretty straightfoward deal. simple and quick. Splitter, some pipe, and some extra thru-hull fittings.
    Post how or where you get the thru hull fitting cause im gona need one later on. Thanks

+1

Talking

I wanted to as well. It would be simple but as stated the intercooler fitament is a problem then. Can be done by pre-planning on pipe bends. The biggest problem? If you`ve already done a thru hull as per Riva template then you`ve already cut the hole too damn low. On starboard side the speedo mounting pad is there and you will cut into it. Mounting the tip will then be a muther. Unless nonsymetrical things don`t bother you.

+1
    Get the Rotax Racing waterbox. The wife, the dog, the neighbors, the postman, the 5 other skis on the ramp, and your pet monkey will BELIEVE you have dual exhaust or something similar.

I have thought a little about the idea of dual exhaust. I have already put the left hole in the riva location. I haven't checked myself if the right side hole interferes with the speed senor.

Hoss- is that just on RXP, RXT or both?

Could you use marine exhaust hose to to help simplify the fab. process? i know it would look as good as metal pipe though. An idea for us who don;t have access to a pipe bender

Thread Information