Looking at new ski.. Is the GTX 215 worth the extra money over GTI 155 Limited?

I am looking to make a new purchase.. Have been checking out the skis and at first I was just going to grab the GTI 130.. After going to the local dealer I was advised that the 130 or even 155 would not really give enough power to be jumping waves or doing crazy turns.. He advised that I should look at a 215 at minimum.. My concern is that many people I talk to say to stay away from the supercharged ski's from seadoo as they tend to have a lot of problems and a higher risk of things failing... What do you guys think is the better option.. Go with the 2011 GTI 155 or the 2011 GTX 215??

+1
    yes!!!!!

+1
    215 all the way, tho the GTX might be a little more on the heavy side. All the issues that seadoo had in the early days have been fixed, very rarely do you even hear of issue with them anymore.

+1
    The dealer who said that the 130 and 155 GTI needs more power to jump waves and do hairy turns doesn't know what he is talking about. The new 2011 GTI is much lighter and more playful than the S3 hulled GTX. It is actually better at wave jumping and you won't be missing those expensive GTX rear storage compartment covers when you get back ! The only possible negative is the lack of adjustable handlebars on the GTI's. Might make stand up riding uncomfortable for tall riders. The 130 and 155 engines also give better fuel mileage and have more storage capacity than the S3 hulls.

If you insist on a SC ski....go with the GTR !!

If you insist on a SC ski....go with the GTR !![/QUOTE]

what do we really know about the new GTR? it seems to be a GTi hull with the 215 powerplant in it, but what about the pump and intake area? are they suited for the extra H.P.? is it like supercharging a previous GTi where the pump and driveshaft and such wasn't good enough, has Seadoo done what was neccesary for the extra power? what's the price? I ask because i'm curious not sarcastic. has anyone rode one yet and how do they compare to the Rxp,RXt, and the Xmodels. how does it compare to the 215 converted GTI's running around and kicking a$$ down under.

Have you checked out a VXS or vrx as an alternative?

Well, the supercharged sea-doos have to have supercharger rebuild at 100hrs, my dad's RXT-X had that done and it was 700 bucks, so it's worth the power, but the 700 bucks is up to you

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tyke570 View Post
    Well, the supercharged sea-doos have to have supercharger rebuild at 100hrs, my dad's RXT-X had that done and it was 700 bucks, so it's worth the power, but the 700 bucks is up to you
    Sounds like your dad should send his SC to Jerry as it only costs $400 through him.

And it's not only Sea Doo Superchargers that need to be rebuilt, the Kawasaki super chargers have their issues too.

Thread Information