Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    oct6454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gig Habor, Washington
    Posts
    758
    +1
    8

    04 RXP odd electric motor sound after engine is turned off

    hey, I ran into a new problem today. After i turn my ski off there is some type of motor left running. It's pretty loud and seems to be coming from near the exhaust manifold. Some times the sound will not occur but when it does the ski cannot be restarted. The only way to get the "electric motor sound" to stop is by disconnecting the battery. The sound is pretty loud, and like i said earlier if it starts the ski will not turn over.

    Thanks again: Oliver


  2. #2
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by oct6454 View Post
    hey, I ran into a new problem today. After i turn my ski off there is some type of motor left running. It's pretty loud and seems to be coming from near the exhaust manifold. Some times the sound will not occur but when it does the ski cannot be restarted. The only way to get the "electric motor sound" to stop is by disconnecting the battery. The sound is pretty loud, and like i said earlier if it starts the ski will not turn over.

    Thanks again: Oliver
    Sounds to me like your fuel pump is stuck on.

  3. #3
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Fuel pump relay is bad. It is staying closed and on.

  4. #4
    oct6454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gig Habor, Washington
    Posts
    758
    +1
    8
    Okay, i thought it was the fuel pump! but im no expert so i wasnt going to guess haha. Can you buy the relay without the pump? Easy to install?

  5. #5
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by oct6454 View Post
    Okay, i thought it was the fuel pump! but im no expert so i wasnt going to guess haha. Can you buy the relay without the pump? Easy to install?
    The fuel pump itself is separate the relay is in the mpem.

  6. #6
    oct6454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gig Habor, Washington
    Posts
    758
    +1
    8
    Okay, so does that mean a new MPEM?

  7. #7
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by oct6454 View Post
    Okay, so does that mean a new MPEM?
    No. A new relay. What year is your boat? I will find the part number.

  8. #8
    oct6454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gig Habor, Washington
    Posts
    758
    +1
    8
    It's an 04. Sorry for all the stupid questions, ive been reading for a few years now, but the electrical stuff still goes right over my head haha!Thanks for all your help!

  9. #9
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by oct6454 View Post
    It's an 04. Sorry for all the stupid questions, ive been reading for a few years now, but the electrical stuff still goes right over my head haha!Thanks for all your help!
    No worries. Give me a day or so and I will run it down for you. It is not going to be much for the relay. I will let you know tomorrow what I find.

  10. #10
    oct6454's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Gig Habor, Washington
    Posts
    758
    +1
    8
    Okay thanks!! Yeah i called the local dealer today and asked for the fuel pump relay and they seemed start struck haha, had no idea what i was talking about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stx 12f 2007 hesistation at low idle after engine is hot
    By Leep in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 05:28 PM
  2. Stx 12f 2007 hesistation at low idle after engine is hot
    By Leep in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 05:28 PM
  3. Warning alarm buzzer sounds when engine is cold
    By CSouris in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-16-2015, 07:19 AM
  4. Loss of power and RPM after engine is warmed up ...
    By OBrienCJ in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-26-2011, 09:55 PM
  5. F/S: 04 RXP with Blown Motor
    By XSV in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-17-2008, 04:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •