whare do the two red and purple wire's go on a 1995 polaris sl 750?

hi new to the site and new to jet ski's just bought 1995 polaris 750 sl i have a couple problems on the re set button on the black box looks like at one time the red and purple wire got hot thare is also another red and purple wire that also looked like it got hot but is not hooked to any thing it is just plugged into the red and purple spot on the board not sure whare other end goes ? jet ski does run and is pretty fast just would like to make sure i don't get stranded with it also mfd is flashing red looks like fuel gage is not right i have the sending unit with the float on the inside of tube is thare a way to test this to make sure it is getting power ? also does this year have the smaller black wire that shoud be hooked with the bigger grond wire on the battery ? sorry to be so long winded just trying to get every thing fixed thanks for any help you can give me

Banned User
    +1
    I believe the red/purple gets connected to the circuit breaker and then to the board. Most likely the float in the fuel sender is gas logged and doesn't float anymore. The float needs to be replaced. There is no extra black wire on this ski, that was for the early domestics.

ok thanks for your help so i take it the second red and purple wire is like a jumper wire and it should be tied together with the other red and purple wire hooked to the circuit breaker ? i also pulled the gas tank and i have a clear hose laying under tank it looks like one end is hooked up by the mfd is the other end of this hose supposed to be just laying in the hull ? or is it supposed to be hooked to some thing ? thanks for your help

Thread Information