Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No Spark on one cylinder

I have 97 1100 wave venture no sprk on 1 cyl, i have rotated plugs and same cylinder not firing. Is it probable bad coil or is there a computer or something dictating spark timing that could be malfunctng. How is spark firing determined is it just timing. Anyones thoughts, it seems from viewing that there is just an exciter that generates saprk to all three coils.

+1
    If you just want to check the coils NOT crank the ski just swap the ignition wire at the coils with all the plugs out to see if that coil will fire with the wires swapped.

perfect i will check it and if it still doesnt fire on the same coil is it likely that the coil is just bad and nothing further.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianlowe View Post
    perfect i will check it and if it still doesnt fire on the same coil is it likely that the coil is just bad and nothing further.
    I would think so just make sure it is not something simple like a bad spark plug wire.

Perfect thanks I bought this off a guy and he said it has a bad coil, but he doesnt want to be bothered with it, he just bought another one. He let me get it and told me if I get it running come pay him if I dont bring it back ( i obviously live in a small town). That being said I figure hes probably shooting straight with me I just want to check myself, but thanks for the tips.

+1
    chek in the box there are three white wires that fire coils .they are bad to become disconnected . thry are numbered 1 2 3 check this first.no fun.take the top off 4 bolts .drop fuelselector switch in hull disconnect steering and revese cable quik disconnect and a few bracket bolts. un plug every thing needed and remove the whole top .now you can see it all easly if you need coil pm me I think I have a set

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mudslanger View Post
    I would think so just make sure it is not something simple like a bad spark plug wire.
    are cap simple first

Got all three cylinders firing but now its overheating, it was pissing water out the side, then it stoppd and now it is again but doesnt shoot as far as it does with the fresh water hooked up to it. Also took off the hose going into manifold just passed the thermo sensor going toward the stern. There is water coming through the hose but when I put the compressor on the hole in the manifold it wont blow trough it seems plugged. Does this seem like it might be a blockage issue and if so how practical is it that I could pulll the manifold off and clan it out.

+1
    Have you tryed running it on a hose start it first

Yes I have and the stream is better on the hose, it shoots out clear. I have removed exhaust elbow that has three hoese going to it and a termo sensor mounted in it. The last hose barb at the end nearest the exhaust exit is plugged, if I suck on it I can get a tiny bit of air and if I blow nothing goes through when i pour liquid into the barb that is plugged it just sits there and I am assuming that I should be able to blow through all three barbs into the cooling jacket on the exhaust. The one that is plugged just had a hose on it running to another part of the elbow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information