+1

Possible trade for 2011 FX HO Cruier. HELP

Hey everyone. I have posted a few time, with not much help on average price people are paying for 2011 FX HO Cruisers. I have a 2010 Sea Doo RXT-X 260 with 53hrs on it and its SPOTLESS. I have been looking at trading and the dealer has come back and said they would trade ski for ski with $5000.00 difference. Does this seem high for the difference. I know I am in the Yamaha forum, but I had a sho cruiser and left yamaha for seadoo and now ready to go back. What do you guys think about this trade.

+1
    RXT-X + 5k for a FX HO? If your dealer also selling crack?

Try looking at a 2009 or 2010 FX HO.... same as the 2011 except you can probably get them left over cheaper.

+1
    First of all, I would avoid "trade in" deals with dealers if possible.
    Unless you're in a hurry, I would just list your T-X on PWC Trader and wait for it to sell for top dollar, then go buy your Yamaha; but that's just me.

Secondly, I trust you realize that's going to be a big change in performance going from a supercharged T-X to a HO. If you don't mind me asking, why are you selling the Sea-Doo, and do you realize you can get a new left-over, zero hour 2009 or 2010 supercharged FZ for around $10K or less? And don't forget about the FZ's little N/A brother, the VXR; which hauls azz and gets great fuel economy too!

+1
    Getting ride of the Seadoo because I have started taking longer distance trips and racking up alot of hours each season. First off, I had a 2008 SHO Cruiser before my RXT-X 260. Its was a great ski as has been this Seadoo. I must say, the hull on this Seadoo is GREAT. Now dont get me wrong, my SHO handled waves fine, but with the Nano hull, I felt more of the hit of the waves through the whole ski. With the seadoo being a true fiberglass hull, it just absorbs the waves and you dont feel it as much. Also, the seadoo IBR system is wonderful. Now the whole brake thing, well I dont use it much at all. Now with the brake and reverse being on the opposite side of the handlebars of the throttle, this is nice. You dont have to let go of the bars and you can start the ski in nuetral.
    Now again, why am I getting ride of the ski, well I first dont want to have to worry about having to rebuild a supercharger every 100hrs, which is not cheap, second, gas mileage. This ski does fine if your not in it, but let loose and watch the gas go. I just think I will enjoy the HO cruiser a little more and yes, yamaha marine motors are awesome. I just have to find a good deal and in no way am I bashing seadoo, because once again its a great ski with no problems. Just ready to trade the sport car for another caddy

+1
    You know gas and supercharger is the main reason I am also looking to get a FX HO. When you start putting hours on a ski in a hurry is when you start seeing the gas money difference! In less than 10 months, I put 148 hours on the old FX HO. That ski is one of the best skis out there as for fuel economy and it still hurt the pocket! Can't imagine what I would do if I end up sucking 40% more!

Good luck on your search and I 100% agree with YoYamma, sell yours and go buy another! What dealer is telling you is that they are paying you about $6K for your ski. Give them the middle finger as you can easily get over $7K for it the least!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Getting ride of the Seadoo because I have started taking longer distance trips and racking up alot of hours each season. First off, I had a 2008 SHO Cruiser before my RXT-X 260. Its was a great ski as has been this Seadoo. I must say, the hull on this Seadoo is GREAT. Now dont get me wrong, my SHO handled waves fine, but with the Nano hull, I felt more of the hit of the waves through the whole ski. With the seadoo being a true fiberglass hull, it just absorbs the waves and you dont feel it as much. Also, the seadoo IBR system is wonderful. Now the whole brake thing, well I dont use it much at all. Now with the brake and reverse being on the opposite side of the handlebars of the throttle, this is nice. You dont have to let go of the bars and you can start the ski in nuetral.
    Now again, why am I getting ride of the ski, well I first dont want to have to worry about having to rebuild a supercharger every 100hrs, which is not cheap, second, gas mileage. This ski does fine if your not in it, but let loose and watch the gas go. I just think I will enjoy the HO cruiser a little more and yes, yamaha marine motors are awesome. I just have to find a good deal and in no way am I bashing seadoo, because once again its a great ski with no problems. Just ready to trade the sport car for another caddy

We just pickup a 2009 FX HO 15.6 hrs with trailer for $8300.00 was keeped in doors also 10 hr service was just done also

+1
    Awesome..If I can find a deal, well I might just keep the RXT-X and get a double trailer.

Thread Information