May be Buying an 08 RXT-X Need Advise

The RXT-X has 66 hours on it. I have read about the Hull failure. This Ski DOES NOT have an extended warranty, Will Seadoo still pay for the fiberglass reinforcement of the hull? And how do I go about doing this.
    Also It is a very clean SKi, with 66 hours, including trailer but no cover or manuals and only the main key. How much should i be paying.. Thanks In advance.

NJ -> MD Jet ski trip fuel mileage champ carguy89's Avatar
    +1
    I just paid 8500 OTD 3 weeks ago for the exact same ski but with 60 hours instead of 66. Without trailer but with a cover.

+1
    No, BRP will NOT pay to have the tunnel reinforced since it is not under any warranty - period! This was NOT a recall and was handled as a case by case issue through a dealer.

How to do yourself? Got to "How to section" there are a couple of threads about "Tunnel Reinforcement".

cost = www.nada.com

Having gone through this nightmare twice, if you see any stress cracks at all, in the tunnel area - walk away. If there are no stress cracks AND you have the ability to re-inforce the tunnel your self - go for it - if not walk away.

+1
    The stress cracks are hard to see sometime without a good flashlight. So have one with you.

Do i have to remove anything to look for the stress cracks? So if i have a flashlight thats enough to see if there are any?
    Thanks
    ps. The ski does have an extended warranty it turns out. Should this give me peace of mind?

+1
    Crawl up under the ski on the trailer. Usually the stress cracks start where the driveshaft thru hull is and go back all the way to pumpshoe.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2quik View Post
    Do i have to remove anything to look for the stress cracks? So if i have a flashlight thats enough to see if there are any?
    Thanks
    ps. The ski does have an extended warranty it turns out. Should this give me peace of mind?
    Yes remove the intake grate to view inside tunnel closely.

The BEST extended warranty does NOT cover gel coat, fiberglass, clear coat flaws or defects! The original BRP warranty does not cover these issues either. Read it for yourself in the owners manual and Best warranty paperwork! The bottom line is whether the dealer will work with you to resolve any issues. I was lucky, my dealer went to bat for me and fought hard with BRP to get them to pay him back for the repair work. BTW $1800 the 1st time, $2500 the second time. Several other guys dealers told them too bad - sorry.

Like I said before, cracks = walk away, no cracks = reinforce it yourself, if you can't do this = walk away. There are plenty of 2010 S3 SeaDoo's you can get for a good deal.

I'm not trying to rain on your day - BUT, I've been there done that!

Thanks jpt7779 , you have been very informative.

Thread Information