Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: word of warning

  1. #1

    word of warning

    I'll get to that warning in a sec...

    While on the water today I came across an '08 250x...moving pretty good...far side of the Black Water....moving north. I was headed in the same direction on the other side of the channel. The shores closed together and we came abreast...he looked over...it was on.

    A mile went by with neither having a great advantage...the head wind had picked up and the wave action was in the 1' + range. We made a hard left turn at a marker and he pulled ahead by 20-30yds...he kept to his side of the lake though...I drifted wide...came to the near side in the lee of a tree line...found flat water and went into a superman. I pulled him by 20yds before the hard right at the next marker put me comfortably in front by 50-60yds easy.

    I ran full up for another mile before I ran outa water...he caught up and asked the usual questions...I did steer him here.

    Now for the warning to all the young and inexperienced.

    When going superman...it's for flat water...it's best if you get out of it before the rough sht catches you by surprise and dumps your ass over the handle bars at 60+ mph....heh.

    This ultra rider did just that. He must never have seen it done before. He'd earlier seen me pass and tried to do the same thing on the way out. On the return I was runnin down wind though and pulled him from the start and never saw him till I found my mrs...pulled a u-turn and he was floating beside his ski with a sore neck.

    Live and learn.


  2. #2
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Never superman a POS ski.....




  3. #3
    GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,830
    +1
    258

  4. #4
    GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,830
    +1
    258
    Great minds think alike. I love this video ha ha

  5. #5
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Great minds think alike. I love this video ha ha

  6. #6
    MSRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Central MS
    Posts
    5,448
    +1
    7
    Brian, I remember my first day on a jet ski too. Did you learn your lesson?

  7. #7
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by MSRXP View Post
    Brian, I remember my first day on a jet ski too. Did you learn your lesson?
    Your first ride.......





  8. #8
    GGG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Jersey Shore
    Posts
    2,830
    +1
    258
    ^^^ Saw that one before too. Second favorite! Ha Ha

  9. #9
    dnielsen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Posts
    2,018
    +1
    94
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    I'll get to that warning in a sec...

    While on the water today I came across an '08 250x...moving pretty good...far side of the Black Water....moving north. I was headed in the same direction on the other side of the channel. The shores closed together and we came abreast...he looked over...it was on.

    A mile went by with neither having a great advantage...the head wind had picked up and the wave action was in the 1' + range. We made a hard left turn at a marker and he pulled ahead by 20-30yds...he kept to his side of the lake though...I drifted wide...came to the near side in the lee of a tree line...found flat water and went into a superman. I pulled him by 20yds before the hard right at the next marker put me comfortably in front by 50-60yds easy.

    I ran full up for another mile before I ran outa water...he caught up and asked the usual questions...I did steer him here.

    Now for the warning to all the young and inexperienced.

    When going superman...it's for flat water...it's best if you get out of it before the rough sht catches you by surprise and dumps your ass over the handle bars at 60+ mph....heh.

    This ultra rider did just that. He must never have seen it done before. He'd earlier seen me pass and tried to do the same thing on the way out. On the return I was runnin down wind though and pulled him from the start and never saw him till I found my mrs...pulled a u-turn and he was floating beside his ski with a sore neck.

    Live and learn.
    Now I am laughing my ass off, I hope the dude was ok. I never superman my ski!!!!

  10. #10
    b_dolla44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Noblesville, Indiana United States
    Posts
    1,165
    +1
    15
    Bahahaha!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. UMI Steering- A word of warning
    By izz0 in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-24-2011, 09:37 PM
  2. A word of advise!!!!!
    By OLDJETSKIMAN in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 12:00 PM
  3. Life's Words of Wisdom
    By RXP-REX in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-09-2006, 03:39 PM
  4. A Word Of Advise ......................
    By WATER WOODY in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-16-2006, 07:31 PM
  5. word of advise
    By Pettee in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-19-2006, 08:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •